Handlebar ideas

I would like some input in handlebar selection.

I have a completely standard 2010 Roadster.

When riding after about 45 mins my hands go a little numb, thumb and pinky first, then most of my fingers.

I am thinking of trying some alternative bars but am not sure what to look for.
I realize ones that suit me is the go, but what am I after, width? the grip angle coming back at the ends, angle down? Pull back?
Is it the bend at my wrists that cause problems?

Other than not having feeling in my hands after a while, I am very comfy :)

I am going to have a play altering the position of the standard bars to see if that helps as well.

I have always had the same problem on all my bikes so I figured it was just me anatomically effed up. Maybe need to revisit this and see if its really just a case of the wrong bars.

Mine are Classic, I think maybe different than standard, I'll try to get a pic tomorrow. Right after I joined here, I complained about the bars, someone recommended Classic, someone else said they had an extra set. I feel bad I don't remember who any more, but someone sent them to me free, as I remember.

The bars on my 07 Classic Tourer pulled back, but not as significantly as the Touring. I'm hoping that the Roadster bars that both 10lbull and Claviger have are similar to the bars that were on the 04-08 Rocket standards. I traded my Classic bars for a set of Standards that were on a local Rocket buddy's bike.

Last edited:
@Navigator

IMG_20180731_074130050.jpg

T-Bars are the way to go with me! Put these on and what a difference!! Now for some new tires and this will be one Bad $$$ Rocket!! Love when a plan comes together!!:thumbsup:

Paid a visit to 1olbull today and he gave me the bars off his Roadster. He also has a set of Classic bars he told me I could have. What is interesting is that they are not all that different.

I was putzing around in the shop this evening trying to figure out which bars I want to mount with the new Rivco risers.

Tripps, I do believe the bars you have are a set off of a Roadster, which are probably the early model standard bars.

I'll fuss with this over the next few days and post some pics.

#1 reason, aside from medical issues for numb hands is clamping on the bar.

Not sure how loose you guys ride on the bar, but I ride with metal grips (no padding at all) and have no hand sleeping issues. I rider super loose, usually I don’t even have my hands closed, just fingers resting.

I am absolutely not saying it’s why everyone’s hands go numb, but at least try and ride with loose hands and see if it helps.

Qualifier: I do have to check myself frequently on the rocket to force myself to release when riding fast, it’s a natural action to clamp the grips on bike so much torque.

Back