Got some Viking bags

A motorcycle is charged half of a car, the motorcycle is about $270 one way, in addition to the tickets for the passenger(s).

Amtrak Auto Train

From their web site:

Motorcycle

Check-In
Motorcycles will not be accepted after 2:00 pm

- Maximum height: 72 inches to top of handelbars/windshield.
- Maximum width: 51 inches.
- Maximum length: 102 inches from front to rear tire edges.
- Ground clearance: at least 5 inches.
- Tire maximum: 7 inches wide, 2 1/2 inches deep. Standard factory-model two-wheel motorcycles can be accepted.
Larger saddlebags must be removed. Bags may be secured to the trailer or carried onboard if space permits.
Motorcyles that are exceptions to these requirements may be loaded if the passenger signs a damage waiver.

IMG_0069.jpg
Feeling better now and beginning to prepare for a ride south to the sunshine in 10 days!
New bags, built a rear rack and new rear bag . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, the bars and storage fittings look good. can you post a pic of the platform for your fender bag? looks like a fabricated shelf that works well.
also, like the metal "ammo box" style panniers. you might have noticed you've lost a muffler somewhere. your left side unit is missing! :laugh:

Steve how do you like the new bars? New panniers look good, a lot bigger?

Clint,
The new bars have taken some getting used to, but they are SO comfy that I shall bear with the learning curve.
They will indeed slow me down a tad when hooning the twisties, but that there is likely a good thing for my 72 year old safety. :thumbsup: :D

The new panniers do have a slightly larger capacity and the new rack and bag will add more capacity than my previous wet bag.
Funny how as we age we seem to need carry more stuff . . .

Back