Tsukayu bags on a roadster. Here's a pic

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
I've been eyeballing some Tsukayu bags for awhile now and am thinking about finally pulling the trigger. I'm really thinking about the "Jumbo Strong" bags, but don't know if I've seen a pic of them on a roadster.
two questions:
Does anyone on here have these bags or the "Strong" bags and do you think the ones you have are too small or too big?

Any negative opinions of them? Any reviews I've seen are positive, so just seeing if anyone has any comments to the contrary.

Ask and you shall receive:

New Tsukayu bags & flyscreen!

After living with them for two years, I stand by all my previous comments. I would've preferred the large, although the jumbos have made it very easy to pack for a couple of trips. After a while they wiggled enough that the turn signals rubbed through the gelcoat, so a bottom brace would be a good idea. Otherwise still very happy with them.

Last edited:
Ask and you shall receive:
After living with them for two years, I stand by all my previous comments. I would've preferred the large, although the jumbos have made it very easy to pack for a couple of trips. After a while they wiggled enough that the turn signals rubbed through the gelcoat, so a bottom brace would be a good idea. Otherwise still very happy with them.

Your pics were what got me looking at them. You say you would've preferred the Large ones aka "Strong" bags. What is it that you don't like about the Jumbos?

I have the jumbo strong bags. I paid extra and got the fiberglass instead of the plastic ones. They seem very sturdy. They're not Corbin's, but they aren't $2000.00 either ! I'd buy them again.

IMG_20180505_171313729.jpg
IMG_20180505_171254246.jpg

I have a HUGE issue with the design. Of these and other similar. Look where all the ruddy weight is when it's loaded up. Way behind the rear axle.
Now OK - the R3 is not bike you lift one handed. But weight back there WILL upset handling.

Fred - Whip the rear chrome "protectors off" The bags are wider anyway. Move them forwards - I would say a good 3-4" - Whatever the Rivcos give.

I did this with my SHAD cases - made and instant improvement in fast corners.

Gonna have to disagree my man. I didn't notice any significant I'll effects even with this Beverly Hillbillies set up. There is a good 50-60 pounds of junk in that trunk ! I bought the Tsukayu bags un-drilled so I could move them back some. My sweetie is alot happier now not having the Corbins stuffed in backs of her knees.

PICT1940.JPG

Your pics were what got me looking at them. You say you would've preferred the Large ones aka "Strong" bags. What is it that you don't like about the Jumbos?

I just feel that they are a little too large aesthetically. It's s big bike so they look ok, but i think the next size down would've been a bit more stylish.

The jumbos are narrower than the crash bars though, so if they fit through somewhere the bags will too. I will also say that i accidentally put the bike on the side stand tis summer without putting the stand down, and as she went over i was terrified the bags would get crushed, but the crash bars caught the bike and the bags never touched the ground.

Back