Got rear-ended for Christmas

also you said the rear guard took the hit it may have twisted rear frame work which hold rear shocks etc and put rear out of alignment

Many many years ago I got rear ended on my V-45 Honda by another motorcycle. The rear guard got pushed up some which bent the two little short pieces of frame that extend past the top shock mounts. It's still considered "frame" and a dealer wont straighten it. Bike was totaled, even though it was only about two years old. Nobody said I couldn't straighten it. Bought bike from insurance company for $250.00 . After I fixed all the cosmetic damage I ended up with the bike like new, $1200.00 cash and a new leather jacket.

Last edited:
I got hit in the the rear started seeing a chiropractor they paid me for the truck pretty quick.;)

Many many years ago I got rear ended on my V-45 Honda by another motorcycle. The rear guard got pushed up some which bent the two little short pieces of frame that extend past the top shock mounts. It's still considered "frame" and a dealer wont straighten it. Bike was totaled, even though it was only about two years old. Nobody said I couldn't straighten it. Bought bike from insurance company for $250.00 . After I fixed all the cosmetic damage I ended up with the bike like new, $1200.00 cash and a new leather jacket.
Cant do that too easily in OZ. If your bike or car are written off they are registered on a "Written Off Vehicle Register" (WOVR) if it is registered as a "Repairable Write off" mainly due to being too expensive to fix, it can be fixed - inspected and re registered. If it is deemed a "Statutory Write Off" deemed to be beyond safe repair, this can NEVER BE REGISTERED AGAIN.

Gave QBE the flick after my bike was repaired. They refused to reimburse my mate Donny for driving 1,000 klms too rescue my bike after I'd been carted off to hospital. Accident happened on Macksville bridge and the river was about to burst it banks.. had Donny not jumped in his V8 and come and got my bike it would have gone under water. Donny didn't keep receipts for fuel so QBE refused to pay .. insured with Shannons ... agreed value ... nowadays.

I'm with Shannons and have nothing but praise with how they handled my claim when I put the big girl down christmas before last trying to avoid the illegal turning car, they get 5 thumbs up from me :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man that sux, especially with Triumph and bikes alike when parts are not easily available. Hope everything works out in your favor with insurance and such and glad u guys didn't get seriously hurt, that could of been a disaster.

Sorry to hear mate , relived to hear no human damage. Things should only get better from here on in.

Craig, how is your eyesight now? That really catches my attention and would surely not rule the hit out as the cause. Keep the faith and be well brother.

2 days down the track and my left eye is still in power saving mode. The 2 docs I've seen don't think it is related to the crash; and nor do I really. The crash was very low impact. No scratches on the helmet. No bark off the elbows/knees (I was in my summer protective gear). The eye thing is probably just a huge unfortunate coincidence.

It'll likely be 2 months before I get the bike back so I've got a bit of time to restore my eyesight and/or contemplate what impact this has on my riding future. Fingers crossed big time.

image.jpg

Back