Got rear-ended for Christmas

A quick update. The insurance assessor rang to introduce himself. He said the bike is borderline right-off. He is waiting for the bike shop to submit a parts list before making final decision.

I'm going to visit the bike shop on Monday to see what is/isn't on the list.

Panniers aren't covered because I didn't list them on the policy as an accessory. He didn't mention all the other stuff that's been added to the bike so I guess I've come out pretty good in that department.

Bike is insured for market value so I actually think I'm better pushing for repairs rather than hoping it is written off.

I'm with Shannons and have nothing but praise with how they handled my claim when I put the big girl down christmas before last trying to avoid the illegal turning car, they get 5 thumbs up from me :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

When I rang around for insurance on the Rocket Shannon's were twice the price of QBE. Now that I've passed the magic five-oh mark I might revisit to see if the status quo has changed.

Market value always f#ckin sucks .. like me get them to replace 'every last bit' and then hand over the bits they've removed. At least that way next time you'll have the parts (albeit a tad scratched and dinged ) to get your bike back on the road next time ;) Red book price doesn't even come close to "market value" when Insurance Company is involved mate.

When I rang around for insurance on the Rocket Shannon's were twice the price of QBE. Now that I've passed the magic five-oh mark I might revisit to see if the status quo has changed.

Shannons sting me $399 a year with a $500 access on the RIII..... it's $500 a year /$500 access for my Speedie though... RIII is insured for $21,000 and Speedie for $10,500 .. no haggling if anything happens with agreed value i guess.

Back