Got rear-ended for Christmas

Scuba Craig

Supercharged
Ride
2010 R3R + TOR + RamAir
Well ... got rear-ended on the way back from the beach at lunchtime today. Was stopped in traffic, car behind didn't notice traffic stopped and ran straight up the back of me. Pillion was launched over the top of me and landed on his feet. Bike went over on the right side.

Bike was towed to bike shop and is awaiting insurance assessor. Visible damage includes
  • Rear guard destroyed (it took the bulk of the impact)
  • Right-side pannier crushed
  • Exhaust / headers scratched where the 2 join
  • Rear brake lever gone
  • Radiator pushed back on engine and punctured
  • Handlebars bent out of alignment
  • Tank dent/scrape on right side
  • Front guard dent/scrape and chrome tip on front guard partially detached
Could be other damage I haven't noticed. Especially drivetrain, considering the rear wheel took the impact.

No people damage.

Bad news. If the parts aren't in stock in Australia then they will likely take 2+ months to arrive. Maybe more because of Christmas.

BUGGER that's not Good Craig, glad you and Pillion not hurt, see if they wont write off exhaust and get a CES system it will work out cheaper for insurer

Say its not true:eek:
Glad everyone is ok....
Hope its not a write off.
PLEASE let us know the outcome.

Not a bad idea. Will keep that in mind.

Unofficial estimate based on visible damage is $6-7k.
OK WOW....
I have a complete set of tins if it will help (Half New Cost) in Gloss Black. You might get a custom paint job if you use good 2nd hand tins. Know what I mean????
If you don't want your damaged parts I would be interested in them. Let me know.

OK WOW....
I have a complete set of tins if it will help (Half New Cost) in Gloss Black. You might get a custom paint job if you use good 2nd hand tins. Know what I mean????
If you don't want your damaged parts I would be interested in them. Let me know.

I had TORs on the bike. I have the stock pipes in the garage but that would be a big step backwards. I'll see what the final shopping list looks like. Exhaust damage may be limited to heat shields (I didn't look that closely).

I'll get all the damaged parts from the bike. When I see what I've got I'll let you know.

Back