ghost flames and airbrushed Triumph logo

Corey

.040 Over
Ride
08 Rocket 3 Touring
As winter approaches, I am wanting to do some custom paint work on the fenders tank and bags, My color is black and want very faint deep charcoal ghost flames and possibly smoke. The most difficult thing though I want to do is remove the chrome Triumph logo from the tank and have that airbrushed. Has anyone done this or seen it done and still look good? If you guys have any ideas or media to share I would like to see it. Thanks

As winter approaches, I am wanting to do some custom paint work on the fenders tank and bags, My color is black and want very faint deep charcoal ghost flames and possibly smoke. The most difficult thing though I want to do is remove the chrome Triumph logo from the tank and have that airbrushed. Has anyone done this or seen it done and still look good? If you guys have any ideas or media to share I would like to see it. Thanks
I am not sure about the touring but if it is like the older Rockets there will be two holes you will need to fill. the are for alignment when you stick the chrome logos on. They come with double sided tape on them. easy to install not to bad to remove. I used fishing line to pull mine.

Previous owner did a nice job with the paint.

Flames.JPG

That looks awesome. Did he say what it cost him for that?
Don't know how much. I bought it from Baxter Cycles in Marne Iowa. It's a 2007 Classic with 6K miles at the time. The previous owner bought new tins and had them painted.

It was also a special order Triumph factory paint job along with a rare variety of other Flame and Tribal versions including a Charcoal Ghost flames on Black version.

Another member just picked up a new old stock set of these Racing Yellow with gold fleck flame a few months ago for less than half the original US$2500 cost in the mid Noughties.

just bought a custom paint kit . . .

Triumph 2005 accessory catalogue states with image:
ROCKET III Flame
Model shown with: Flame Custom Paint – Racing Yellow (without Fly Screen) • Sissy Bar and Rack Tall • Sissy Bar Touring Back Pad • Leather Pannier Kit • Pannier Dresser Rails Roadster Screen • Fog Lights • Front End Fixing Kit • Gel Seat Touring • Engine Dresser Bars Front • Engine Dresser Bars Rear

ROCKET III Tribal (the Lucifer Orange)
Model shown with: Tribal Custom Paint with Fly Screen • Roadster Seat • Knee Pads • Radiator End Caps – Colour Co-ordinated

Last edited:
2006 color options Mulberry Red Tribal and Caeruleus Blue Flame. The standard paint options are Jet Black, Cardinal Red, Scorched Yellow and Graphite. Monochromatic Caeruleus Blue, Monochromatic Mulberry Red

Along with the existing ‘Tribal’ A9708068-ZXXE and ‘Flame’ A9708073-ZXXE designs, where 'XX'is the primary paint color alpha code, for 2006 Triumph offered two new, factory fit custom paint options:
a stunning Mulberry Red (CS) Tribal (A9708068-ZCSE) and Caeruleus Blue (JR) Flame (A9708073-ZJRE).

The standard 2006 paint options were Jet Black (PG), Cardinal Red (CL), Scorched Yellow (FG) and Graphite (LC).

Rocket 111 Special Edition 2006
- Caeruleus Blue Flame (Caeruleus Blue JR. P/N T3120400JR) (A9708073-ZJRE)
- Caeruleus Blue/Tribal (Caeruleus Blue JR. P/N T3120400JR) (A9708068-ZJRE)
- Monochromatic/Tribal (Mulberry Red CS. P/N T3120400-CS) (A9708068-ZCSE)

Some of these Custom sets of body tins could be purchased as a complete kit to upgrade your existing version:

CUSTOM PAINT KIT TRIBAL LUCIFER ORANGE A9708068-ZEFD Tribal Lucifer Orange w/ Black Tribal $2,340.00

CUSTOM PAINT KIT FLAMES CARDINAL RED A9708073-ZCLE Cardinal Red $2,340.00

CUSTOM PAINT KIT, FLAMES, RACING YELLOW/GOLD FLAMES A9708073-ZFAE Racing Yellow w/ Gold Flames $2,340.00

CUSTOM PAINT KIT, FLAMES, GRAPHITE/GREY FLAMES A9708073-ZLCE Graphite w/ Grey Flames $2,340.00

CUSTOM PAINT KIT FLAMES JET BLACK A9708073-ZPGE Jet Black $2,340.00

CUSTOM PAINT KIT, FLAMES, PHANTOM BLACK A9708073-ZPRE Phantom Black $2,340.00

RACING YELLOW/GOLD FLAMES

upload_2018-2-8_23-55-8.jpeg

Scorched Yellow below (NOT Racing Yellow and no flames or tribal)

2006-Triumph-RocketIIIb.jpg

Last edited:
Back