Water and oil temp sensors?

RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
As part of my Koso RXF installation I would like to put the sensors to good use. Is there anywhere to put in a temp sensor for water and oil?
Any help would be appreciated :)

There is a temp sensor already on the coolant, it is located beside the thermostat, on the other end of this cable.

1655141477249.png

There is an opportunity to put an oil pressure and/or temp sensor here, where the oil pressure switch is located;

1655141565739.png

In the end I decided to put a sensor in the small hose on the back of the radiator - seems to work fine.
Now I just need to find a place to stick an oil temperature sensor. I cant put it in one of the sump drain plugs as it will be too exposed and get knocked off.
Any ideas guys?

In the end I decided to put a sensor in the small hose on the back of the radiator - seems to work fine.
Now I just need to find a place to stick an oil temperature sensor. I cant put it in one of the sump drain plugs as it will be too exposed and get knocked off.
Any ideas guys?
See photo #2 above.

Jmo
I would think that an oil temp sensor would be useless especially at the back of the head as it would read head temp
Which might be useful?
In the early rockets it went into the oil tank. If it stays over 250 f the oil will start to break down.
The thermostat/fan keeps the motor at about 195 which keeps the oil about 195.
Hth

That makes perfect sense and is quite obvious when you think about it - the head and the oil will be totally different temps. So is there a blanking plug somewhere in the tank? I have had a good look around but can't see anything (with these glasses anyway ;) )

My new water temp sensor works perfectly, showing a steady 88 degrees C on the motorway and rising to 95 degrees C in traffic.

That makes perfect sense and is quite obvious when you think about it - the head and the oil will be totally different temps. So is there a blanking plug somewhere in the tank? I have had a good look around but can't see anything (with these glasses anyway ;) )

My new water temp sensor works perfectly, showing a steady 88 degrees C on the motorway and rising to 95 degrees C in traffic.
There were two versions of the Triumph factory accessory that fits in and replaces the stock chrome oil tank plug.
An analog and a digital version.
1Oil Temperature Guage Kit
A9618029
THIS PART IS NOW DISCONTINUED
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE£115.00inc. VAT-
2Oil Temperature Guage Kit
A9618029
Replaces A9610020
THIS PART IS NOW DISCONTINUED
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE£115.00inc. VAT
1662048637622.png

Aussie dollar prices
RefPart NumberDescription# Cart$ EachNotes
1A9618029(NLA) T1 OIL TEMPERATURE GUAG
2A9618029(NLA) T1 OIL TEMPERATURE GUAG
The much, much cheaper Harley ones from China eBay are much cheaper and just as useful.
You ain't gonna being checking the temp while riding! ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have one in my Roadster and you need the Sportster fitting model from memory but I have posted details on the forum before.

Harley Davidson oil temperature gauge available with Black or White dials

1662048963654.png

Back