Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

2020 3R 984212

IMG_1943.jpg
Yep that's your map, the bottom one. If its still not working after everything, then I'm all out of answers my friend....🤥

Last edited:
Did you try loading the stock map? By the way, does your bike run after these failed downloads? If your OBDLink app connected to your LX and checked its firmware, it probably isn’t a fake.

Did you try loading the stock map? By the way, does your bike run after these failed downloads? If your OBDLink app connected to your LX and checked its firmware, it probably isn’t a fake.
Doesn't turn over- dead. I don't think it has a map (or usable map) in it.

OK, boys- she runs! Hey, I appreciate everyone's help and persistence. It could have been any one of those suggestions that worked- you never know, as each case is different.

Here's something to put in your notes. This guy on the FaceBook TuneECU page ended up having the answer....

Brett Roberts
"Ok. Press the connect button and wait. After a while it will pop up and say “do you want to do a recovery” click NO.
Press connect again. Again press No. repeat until it pops up with the “recovery box that also has a Full Programming button”. Press the button “Full programming” and ok.
Should be good after that loads in."

IMG_1948.jpg

Took about 60 minutes and then..... success!

Doesn't turn over- dead. I don't think it has a map (or us

OK, boys- she runs! Hey, I appreciate everyone's help and persistence. It could have been any one of those suggestions that worked- you never know, as each case is different.

Here's something to put in your notes. This guy on the FaceBook TuneECU page ended up having the answer....

Brett Roberts
"Ok. Press the connect button and wait. After a while it will pop up and say “do you want to do a recovery” click NO.
Press connect again. Again press No. repeat until it pops up with the “recovery box that also has a Full Programming button”. Press the button “Full programming” and ok.
Should be good after that loads in."

IMG_1948.jpg

Took about 60 minutes and then..... success!
Yes I saw your post on the FB page. Are you game enough to try penners map again or will you leave it stock?

Doesn't turn over- dead. I don't think it has a map (or usable map) in it.
Did you see the posts starting at #739 about the ignition switch? I used to get zero response when I was downloading to my T120 but it always came back. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Here is some stuff on recovery.

Did you see the posts starting at #739 about the ignition switch? I used to get zero response when I was downloading to my T120 but it always came back. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Here is some stuff on recovery.

Got it- see above
Yes I saw your post on the FB page. Are you game enough to try penners map again or will you leave it stock?

What, do you think I'm an idiot? ......

Yes, I just tried it again and it failed immediately. Running the recovery again. 🙈 I think I'll go with stock and maybe come back to this another time. I should just count my blessings.

Well your experience plus others have forced me to abandon my desire to flash my 3R. I've been waiting and watching for 5 weeks. I have everything ready except a car battery to connect to my bike battery during the flash process. After seeing what you and others have gone through not being able to load penners' map (nothing wrong with any of penners' maps) I've decided to leave my bike alone. For me, its not worth the time, risk, stress. But I will always wonder what an unrestricted rocket 3R feels like.......................

Well your experience plus others have forced me to abandon my desire to flash my 3R. I've been waiting and watching for 5 weeks. I have everything ready except a car battery to connect to my bike battery during the flash process. After seeing what you and others have gone through not being able to load penners' map (nothing wrong with any of penners' maps) I've decided to leave my bike alone. For me, its not worth the time, risk, stress. But I will always wonder what an unrestricted rocket 3R feels like.......................

Me too. Just to repeat- I don't think it's his map. Something to do with my setup. Congrats to those who get to enjoy it!

Back