Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

i offered journeyman for help so it would go smooth,
the whole process is only 30minutes if preparation is done right.
I have flashed 3 rockets for my friends over the facebook video call.
Regards
I've had everything ready and updated for 5 weeks.
I'm just waiting to pull the trigger. These issues that keep popping up with other rockets aren't helping

I've had everything ready and updated for 5 weeks.
I'm just waiting to pull the trigger. These issues that keep popping up with other rockets aren't helping
I can help you to make sure process go smooth, drop me private message and we can go from there.

i offered journeyman for help so it would go smooth but he never reached out to me.
the whole process is only 30minutes if preparation is done right.
I have flashed 3 rockets for my friends over the facebook video call.
Regards
This implies a mistake on my part (if preparation is done “right”) possibly, but I’ve loaded tunes in the Roadster, so not totally new to the concept. However, I have made many mistakes with bikes, so you may be right. My best guess based on the one guy who knew how to fianally get me going again is a firmware conflict. He recommended dialing BACK the firmware version when attempting to load tunes in the future. Sometimes it’s the hardware/software my friend. When our bikes, tablets/phones, Bluetooth devices are all different you can’t make that claim confidently. If you walked me through it again now I would bet you it’d crash again. The lesson here, if anything, is that if you run into trouble it can “probably” be reversed. But, again, just because I now have experience reversing it twice does not mean you definitely will too. I do think there is an excellent chance (Not Guarantee) you can load the tune without incident, or like me resort to a back door method and get’r done.

Last edited:
This implies a mistake on my part (if preparation is done “right”) possibly, but I’ve loaded tunes in the Roadster, so not totally new to the concept. However, I have made many mistakes with bikes, so you may be right. My best guess based on the one guy who knew how to fianally get me going again is a firmware conflict. He recommended dialing BACK the firmware version when attempting to load tunes in the future. Sometimes it’s the hardware/software my friend. When our bikes, tablets/phones, Bluetooth devices are all different you can’t make that claim confidently. If you walked me through it again now I would bet you it’d crash again. The lesson here, if anything, is that if you run into trouble it can “probably” be reversed. But, again, just because I now have experience reversing it twice does not mean you definitely will too. I do think there is an excellent chance (Not Guarantee) you can load the tune without incident, or like me resort to a back door method and get’r done.
The method you used for recovery is specified on the TuneECU.net site under map edit for Keihin ECU’s that connect with Bluetooth. So it’s pretty reliable.

Hassle getting the tune loaded (for me) vs. results- totally worth it! Every day I thank Mr. @Penner for the gift. I hope my experience (hey- I'm just a magnet for bad luck sometimes) doesn't dissuade anyone from trying out this tune. I highly, highly, recommend it!

Hassle getting the tune loaded (for me) vs. results- totally worth it! Every day I thank Mr. @Penner for the gift. I hope my experience (hey- I'm just a magnet for bad luck sometimes) doesn't dissuade anyone from trying out this tune. I highly, highly, recommend it!
I’m another bad luck magnet so I had my mechanic load the tune for me with a before and after dyno measurements. It was in for two new tires at the same time. I’m pleased.

Has the map file changed in the last month at all, I've been so busy with work I keep forgetting to read the thread

I’m another bad luck magnet so I had my mechanic load the tune for me with a before and after dyno measurements. It was in for two new tires at the same time. I’m pleased.
What is the before and after dyno? I still have a few months to go. I'm breaking into a cold sweat thinking about it.

11E4C81F-63F8-4AF5-B0F1-92D6D9D83226.jpeg

Back