Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

Me too. Just to repeat- I don't think it's his map. Something to do with my setup. Congrats to those who get to enjoy it!
True, its not Penners map. Its a OBDLINK, tuneecu app, ECU, battery glitch. It seems very random. It works great for some, fails for others. Its not worth the risk for me.
But in saying that, big props to Penner for the work he put in for others to enjoy. If the flashing process becomes more stable, I may look at it then

Just one more thing....

The last "Full Programing" attempt (remember it fixed it and then I tried, again, after all that, to load Penner's tune :whitstling: resulting in another crash) was done with his tune in the "cue." So, after the full programing trick did it's thing, I now have Penner's Tune loaded and working and HMoG, what an improvement! I could tell right away when it started that it was idling better and when I took a test tide, oh, hell, yeah! She was waaaay restricted with the factory tune!

Mr. @Penner - Thank You!

I made a new post based on my issues in hopes that someone else who is ready to slit their wrists can find it more easily. It includes another comment that the guy from FB TuneECU added this morning. Here that is for you guys here...
Brett Roberts
Blake Madden If it keeps crashing I would suggest you roll back the firmware on the OBDLink a couple. And try that. You roll back using the OBDLink app.

I'm off for a three day adventure....

Just one more thing....

The last "Full Programing" attempt (remember it fixed it and then I tried, again, after all that, to load Penner's tune :whitstling: resulting in another crash) was done with his tune in the "cue." So, after the full programing trick did it's thing, I now have Penner's Tune loaded and working and HMoG, what an improvement! I could tell right away when it started that it was idling better and when I took a test tide, oh, hell, yeah! She was waaaay restricted with the factory tune!

Mr. @Penner - Thank You!

I made a new post based on my issues in hopes that someone else who is ready to slit their wrists can find it more easily. It includes another comment that the guy from FB TuneECU added this morning. Here that is for you guys here...
Brett Roberts
Blake Madden If it keeps crashing I would suggest you roll back the firmware on the OBDLink a couple. And try that. You roll back using the OBDLink app.

I'm off for a three day adventure....
So what did you do that made the penner map load successfully that was different than the other times?

It was that hidden “Full Programing” feature. The first time I ran it I was attempting to go back to the stock tune and that worked. So, when I attempted (again) to load Penner’s tune after all that it crashed again. Since his tune was still up when I ran the Full Programming fix a second time it loaded that and now I am a very happy boy. I ran The Dragon on it yesterday and I can tell you the difference is very obvious. More torque which is what I’m all about. I got stuck behind two shiney new Harleys on TOD who would not let me pass. After getting around the first one it took me 6 minutes to find a safe place to pass the first guy ( I kept putting my blinker on). When I finally shot by him I’ll bet he thought WTF - must have been a rocket that went by. We’ll, in fact, sir, it definitely was. 🚀

Hello map and tuning experts,
2022-09-24 11_28_21-Window.png

I dont understand this, I flashed my rocket and went to just DYNO, no tuning. and on my rocket 3R I got 165bhp and 145 torque at wheel. Today I saw a post on facebook, this guy said he went to a dyno shop and used Penner as base map and HE got 165hp and 200 torque @Penner on rear wheel.

How can I get 200torque on my wheel?

Please check picture of his DYNO CHART.
Check the torque scale unit => Nm.

Whatever the numbers- I rode Tail of the Dragon this weekend, then the Devil's Triangle (much better) and more local roads today. The bike is waaay more torquey and runs much smoother. This is not a placebo effect. You WILL feel the difference with that tune, not just a little!

I believe the tune is better for your engine. It's not that the tune is some hot-rod modification, it's that it removes the restrictions/limitations Triumph puts on the bike at the factory. It now runs "right," if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Whatever the numbers- I road Tail of the Dragon this weekend, then the Devil's Triangle (much better) and more local roads today. The bike is waaay more torquey and runs much smoother. This is not a placebo effect. You WILL feel the difference with that tune, not just a little!

I believe the tune is better for your engine. It's not that the tune is some hot-rod modification, it's that it removes the restrictions/limitations Triumph puts on the bike at the factory. It now runs "right," if that makes sense.
I'd do it if it only took 30 minutes instead of errors and full recoveries stretching over multiple days. Not your fault but it's clearly not a simple procedure

I'd do it if it only took 30 minutes instead of errors and full recoveries stretching over multiple days. Not your fault but it's clearly not a simple procedure
i offered journeyman for help so it would go smooth but he never reached out to me.
the whole process is only 30minutes if preparation is done right.
I have flashed 3 rockets for my friends over the facebook video call.
Regards

Back