Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

I noticed that questions below were meaningless.
I watched ETV tables of Penner's map carefully. ETV2 of the map are almost the same as ETV3 of OEM until 50%.
If I load Penner's map into the bike, Road mode becomes similar Sport mode of OEM.
Beyond 50%, Penner's ETV are bigger than OEM. So Penner's Road mode is mora aggressive than OEM Sport mode.

OEM Road mode is too gentle for me.
I want to change Road mode to OEM Sport mode, then change OEM Sport mode to Penner's Sport mode.
i,e, copy tables of OEM Sport mode to tables of Road mode, then copy tables of Penner's Sport mode to tables of Sport mode. This change will also make easier to compare Penner's Sport mode with OEM Sport mode during iriding.
Which tables should I copy? I know I should copy ETV3 tables of Penner's Sport mode to ETV2 tables.
How about other tables? Is there any tables which correspond to Riding mode? If there are some, which table corresponds to which Riding mode?

Anyone can advise me?

Last edited:
Penner, do we have any hope of seeing your maps for Brazilian, Thailand, Chinese, Argentina, Indonesia and South Africa markets?

DNK base their tunes, which they sell, on the 31012 (GT), 31018 (R) and 31024 (TFC) for ALL markets, including those listed above. And they seem to work.

Update: They do not work. DNK did not know about the maps for other markets.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, I loaded Ulf Penner's derestricted map on my Rocket 3R. Today was the first day I could ride the bike and I thought I share my initial impressions.
Short version: Holy cow.
Long version: In its standard state of tune, the Rocket engine does not reward revving it beyond 5k/min, and peak power is reached at 6k/min. The typical rev range thus is quite narrow, between 2.5k/min and 5k/min. This changes with the new tune: The engine revs freely into the rev limiter without any sign of being beyond its natural rev range.
At the same time, power output increases in a linear way until the rev limit is reached. "Linear" meaning that there seems to be significantly more grunt from around 4k/min onwards.
What impressed me most was how much more "natural" the engine felt. I also was under the impression that engine vibration above 4k/min was less than before, but that could by subjective. Fuel consumption seems to be more or less on the same level, but only warmer temperatures with grippier tarmac will tell if this is really true.
The only downside is that peak power RPM and the factory rev limiter sit very close together. The DNK tune raises the rev limit to 7.4k/min, but I did not feel comfortable to apply this in my setup right away.

Unrestricted Tune-ECU map (blue) vs OEM TFC-map (red).
It is a 14 hp gain.

(Forget the green graph until tomorrow. I am not yet sure)
So now you have posted the HP and torque charts, could you post the A/F for the unrestricted high performance tune? I see you added fuel below 4200 rpm from about 3-14% throttle. Was it lean in here?

These maps are now not available on Tuneecu.net because some people are getting a crankshaft position error (P0315). I’ve heard about this in S America, for which the stock maps are not available. Has this been a problem for anyone loading Penner’s maps in N America or Europe?

These maps are now not available on Tuneecu.net because some people are getting a crankshaft position error (P0315). I’ve heard about this in S America, for which the stock maps are not available. Has this been a problem for anyone loading Penner’s maps in N America or Europe?
North american bike with no issues here.

Question would b have they tried to clear the code and does it come back.
Was it there before they loaded the new map?

Question would b have they tried to clear the code and does it come back.
Was it there before they loaded the new map?
I’ve seen posts on the Facebook Tuneecu site where people don’t seem to be able to clear codes and CEL. Has anyone done this with TuneECU on the new Rocket? If so, how?

Back