Few Questions

Another questions on the fueling. does everyone fuel these as they are sitting upright on the bike, or do they lean it on the side stand while fueling. Maybe i did not get enough fuel in there since it was upright?

Another welcome from New Zealand.
Sidestand over here its illegal to sit on th bike and gas up (well thats what the station says).

1 Check bar mount rubbers and clamps
2. The rattle I had an annoying rattle turned out to be the chrome trim on front of mudguard, sounded elsewhere though.
3. Mods air system and filters with a remap, then exhaust system with/without headers skys the limit but the above are quickest way to a lot of power. First essential purchase is and OBD2 cable and download free Tune ECU software off net, this allows you to remap this cost about $30.00
4. Cannot answer but go with others re settling time they aren't hugely accurate in my experience.
5. 12 minute tune is a little deceptive, its more of a reset. You start and idle the bike without touching the throttle, once the fan starts and stops for first time, leave bike for 12 minutes. Its not a performance thing and only really sets the fueling for low speeds. Uses the narrow band O2 sensor in exhaust (this only works at low gas flows, as opposed to wide band) to reset the baseline for the fueling at low speeds (really only idle). Its not pointless but many have removed and plugged it, as its not for performance, and will not resolve backfiring and decel popping when you start modding engine. Be aware you cannot swap the air system and/or exhaust and expect the 12 minute reset to remap the bike accordingly.

Fuel on your side stand. Fill to the nozzle slot. It will be full. The first mod is download the PowerTripp tune that gives you back full power. No need to change intake or exhaust for that tune. You can change them but you do NOT have too. Triumph detuned the Touring. The Powertripp tune give back about 30 HP. I have loaded it into 3 of my friends Tourings and it makes a HUGE difference. The Touring will almost wheelie with that tune.

Fuel on your side stand. Fill to the nozzle slot. It will be full. The first mod is download the PowerTripp tune that gives you back full power. No need to change intake or exhaust for that tune. You can change them but you do NOT have too. Triumph detuned the Touring. The Powertripp tune give back about 30 HP. I have loaded it into 3 of my friends Tourings and it makes a HUGE difference. The Touring will almost wheelie with that tune.
Change the intake and exhaust system and it will wheelie:D:D(plus new tune)

Another questions on the fueling. does everyone fuel these as they are sitting upright on the bike, or do they lean it on the side stand while fueling. Maybe i did not get enough fuel in there since it was upright?
Side stand for me. But I have a touring model with the gas cap on the right side. It just seems like I can get more fuel in with it on the kick stand.

Thank you for your help. How do i do the mapping? take to the dealer or is this something i can do myself?

Welcome from BC CANADA,
I fill mine up on the side stand and as mentioned earlier it can take a bit for the gauge to show full.

Thank you for your help. How do i do the mapping? take to the dealer or is this something i can do myself?

I am not too smart on the remapping. I plan on doing that soon after I feel comfortable I have studied up enough on it.
Here's a nice link that does a good job showing the 12 minute reset. Done by Rocket John.

You can also find it in this forum.
And there is a whole topic on here about TuneECU, too.

Good luck!!! ;)

Back