Few Questions

Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I am new to the Triumph Family with a 09 Rocket 3 Touring. I have a few questions here.

1. I noticed that my (what i assume are stock bars) have play in them up and down.

2. When I test rode it at the stealership, I had my full face lid on, and it was very windy. all went well. Now that I have it home, I took it out without a lid (as Iowa does not have helmet law) and noticed that something in the back rattles on bumps. I think it is the quick detach sissy bar as I can wiggle it quite a bit. Is this normal or is there maybe some rubber washers or grommets that is missing?

3. What are the first must do mods on the bike? I am not talking about spending a ton of money right away, I am saying, is there any mods that are a must have to help the performance and reliability of the bike?

4. Really stupid question.....I took it to get fuel and filled it till the pump stopped. Had the bike upright when pumping fuel. After I paid and came out, I turned the bike on and noticed that it is only at like 3/4 of a tank. is there a reason for this?

5. What is this 12 minute tune up that i read all about?

Thanks everyone in advance. I am looking forward to riding this new member of the family really soon.

Jeremy

1. Bolts on the clamp over your handled bars may be loose 4 allen key bolts 6mm I think. this one seems pretty important as you don't want your bars to be moving whilst turning or moving your bike.

2. Don't know

3. Ramair, re-map with ecu tune, then maybe exhaust.

4. Fuel Gauge could be broke, float bar could be bent?

5. 12 minute tune, start bike without using the throttle leave idling for 12 mins.

I am new to the Triumph Family with a 09 Rocket 3 Touring. I have a few questions here.

1. I noticed that my (what i assume are stock bars) have play in them up and down.
Very dangerous correct right away, should be no movement in the handlebars

2. When I test rode it at the stealership, I had my full face lid on, and it was very windy. all went well. Now that I have it home, I took it out without a lid (as Iowa does not have helmet law) and noticed that something in the back rattles on bumps. I think it is the quick detach sissy bar as I can wiggle it quite a bit. Is this normal or is there maybe some rubber washers or grommets that is missing?
Nothing should be rattling ,easy way to test is remove the sissy bar and see if the noise goes away

3. What are the first must do mods on the bike? I am not talking about spending a ton of money right away, I am saying, is there any mods that are a must have to help the performance and reliability of the bike?

if the bike still has the stock intake system remove it and do a search here for what others use, stock exhaust is very restrictive so look around for another system, just these two mods will really open up your bike

4. Really stupid question.....I took it to get fuel and filled it till the pump stopped. Had the bike upright when pumping fuel. After I paid and came out, I turned the bike on and noticed that it is only at like 3/4 of a tank. is there a reason for this?
The factory installed fuel gauges suck, I wisj=h I could remove mine from my Roadster, I use the trip counter as my gauge.

5. What is this 12 minute tune up that i read all about?
A quick search will explain the 12min tune in full for you, first part to order only cost around $20 it is the cable you will need for the TuneECU program, most members on here use it it is great for diagnostic work , loading new tunes on your bike etc etc

Thanks everyone in advance. I am looking forward to riding this new member of the family really soon.

Jeremy

Another questions on the fueling. does everyone fuel these as they are sitting upright on the bike, or do they lean it on the side stand while fueling. Maybe i did not get enough fuel in there since it was upright?

Back