Few Questions

Thank you for your help. How do i do the mapping? take to the dealer or is this something i can do myself?

The shops wont do this for you as they are usually Triumph agents and will only do "approved" work.

You need to be slightly computer literate.

Download Tune ECU (www.tomhamburg.net) Win is free, Android costs (but only a little).
Get and OBD2 to USB cable.
Read the online tutorials.
Reread the online tutorials.
Get really angry at Win10 automatic driver assignment, but persevere and overwrite with correct drivers.
Plug cable into bike and computer, turn ignition on and start Tune ECU. When the flashing red light goes yellow then green yu are into the ECU.
From this point be sensible and careful without more equipment dont fiddle with the mapping but you can download install and try other peoples well designed Maps, and there are a lot of good ones.

The shops wont do this for you as they are usually Triumph agents and will only do "approved" work.

You need to be slightly computer literate.

Download Tune ECU (www.tomhamburg.net) Win is free, Android costs (but only a little).
Get and OBD2 to USB cable.
Read the online tutorials.
Reread the online tutorials.
Get really angry at Win10 automatic driver assignment, but persevere and overwrite with correct drivers.
Plug cable into bike and computer, turn ignition on and start Tune ECU. When the flashing red light goes yellow then green yu are into the ECU.
From this point be sensible and careful without more equipment dont fiddle with the mapping but you can download install and try other peoples well designed Maps, and there are a lot of good ones.

Any suggestions for a good map for a 2010 Touring? I believe everything is factory except I swapped the OEM air filter for a K&N (under the seat).
My goal is to get as close to a standard Classic or Roadster as possible. At least override the detune stuff on the tourings. And maybe have the speedo read the true speed.

I have a couple of 20368 maps I got from Idaho Red.
Thanks!!

Any suggestions for a good map for a 2010 Touring? I believe everything is factory except I swapped the OEM air filter for a K&N (under the seat).
My goal is to get as close to a standard Classic or Roadster as possible. At least override the detune stuff on the tourings. And maybe have the speedo read the true speed.

I have a couple of 20368 maps I got from Idaho Red.
Thanks!!

PM me

I've found the Touring to be the most difficult to fill of any bike I've owned. Perhaps it's because the tank is so wide and the fill spout so far forward but definitely fuel on the side stand. I've refueled my DL650 VStrom while sitting astride it and with the kickstand up but trying to do it on the Touring is a disaster waiting to happen IMHO.

A couple of our forum members came over to the house and one, Claviger, downloaded a proper tune for it. After checking the Tune ECU software and two tunes that I had, we couldn't get my laptop and cable to synch with the ECU. Fortunately Rob brought his laptop with him and successfully downloaded the tune using his cable. The change in power and torque was significant and magnificent.

You've gotten good advice on exhausts and intake mods but my advice is to take it one step at a time. My 09 Touring has the Triumph Off Road mufflers, which eliminate the cats in the stockers and sounds much better. With the TORs and the tune I am very satisfied and am calling a pause in any additional mods until I've gotten some miles under my belt. I did get a Uni filter for it upon the recommendation of a friend who rides very wild super bikes. I had a K&N on my last Rocket.

Last edited:
Welcome from NW Louisiana! As you can see, you'll find lots of help here. Just take your time and read through what interests you and never be worried about asking a question... even an obvious one... though we do believe in a good ribbing around these parts... :)
-MIG

4. Really stupid question.....I took it to get fuel and filled it till the pump stopped. Had the bike upright when pumping fuel. After I paid and came out, I turned the bike on and noticed that it is only at like 3/4 of a tank. is there a reason for this?

No stupid questions here.
I fill mine on the side stand up to the bottom of the black tube inside the fill tube. I got too much in there and overflowed the first couple of times until I figured it out (and read the owners manual).
I use the clean (no ethanol) 88 Octane. I used in it my Kawasaki twin with good results. Don't know if it make a difference in the Rocket.

And as stated, the handle bars do have a bit of play. It bothered me at first, but it's normal. Found out that when I put some Rivco risers on.
I'm a fairly newbie Rocket owner, too, but this forum saved me a lot of grief more than a few times.
Welcome!!

Back