Do I need keyless ignition and a headlight relay kit on a '14 Roadster?

JudgeMontrose

.020 Over
Ride
'07 Speed Triple, '14 Rocket III Roadster
Hey all,

I have a '14 Roadster, which I ride in all weather. Should I get the Eastern Beaver headlight relay kit and a some sort of ignition upgrade, or were those issues solved by my model year?

I also have a 14 Roadster. That I use as a commuter on a daily basis in all weather. I have had no issues with the ignition. I don’t believe the relay kit is required on the 14 and newer. I even have powered assessories installed but I used a proper power distribution block to avoid drawing power off of the ignition and headlamp circuit.

Hey all,

I have a '14 Roadster, which I ride in all weather. Should I get the Eastern Beaver headlight relay kit and a some sort of ignition upgrade, or were those issues solved by my model year?
NEED? - well no. The question is do you WANT keyless. If so - speak to member @DEcosse. A prince amongst electrical gods.

If you want an inexpensive keyless ignition, then look at my signature and make your own. Ken's system is much easier to install, and technically better though.

No, you don't 'need' either - there are no reliability issues on a '14 Roadster
KeyLess system is just going to be purely for its own merits of convenience and coolness! :p
It does have some security advantages - you can't stick a screwdriver in it to hot-wire it, like you can a key-switch :D

No, you don't 'need' either - there are no reliability issues on a '14 Roadster
KeyLess system is just going to be purely for its own merits of convenience and coolness! :p
It does have some security advantages - you can't stick a screwdriver in it to hot-wire it, like you can a key-switch :D
I would like to know more. I am fairly new to the R3T and still evaluating what I would like to have done next. Mine is a 2011. If there is a concern, What would you suggest for the ignition? Thanks.

Back