Decel Datalog Results

Pig9r

Living Legend
For those that have popping on decel adding fuel to these areas will help with the problem. This was developed by Wayne from Tuneboy with data logging results that DougL got.

Do this in the L Maps for all three cylinders (L1, L2 & L3). Set the 0 throttle values as listed. Increase the yellow areas (not including the 0 throttle row) 10%. Pink areas 15%. If that doesn't do it increase the same areas another 5% proportionately.

If your bike still has an operational O2 sensor, over time some of the popping may return because of the adaptions the ECU picks up in closed loop. I have had success by reloading the tune to reset adaptions.

If your bike still has an operational O2 sensor, over time some of the popping may return because of the adaptions the ECU picks up in closed loop. I have had success by reloading the tune to reset adaptions.

So this thing learns to pop again :eek:

Anyway to eliminate the sensor?

How often did you reload the map or in other words how long before the popping returned :confused:

Thanks Dobie

I have been running the lastest tune for over 3,000 miles and it has returned mildly, I have just been to lazy to reset adaptions or reload the tune. The best way to eliminate it is to eliminate the O2 sensor.

Dynojet part #76423016 (not listed or pictured on website)

For more info see this thread: http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=1727&highlight=open+loop

I wouldn't get in a big hurry, run it for a while and see what your results are.

I have been running the lastest tune for over 3,000 miles and it has returned mildly, I have just been to lazy to reset adaptions or reload the tune. The best way to eliminate it is to eliminate the O2 sensor.

For more info see this thread: http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=1727&highlight=open+loop

I wouldn't get in a big hurry, run it for a while and see what your results are.

When the TP is less than 6%, it goes into closed loop, uses readings from the O2 sensor and uses the L tables which regulate gas based on manifold pressure as a function of RPM. If you put the PCIII O2 bypass on, it won't go into closed loop, right? Will it still use the L tables? How would losing an actual O2 signal affect the tuning?

I will load one of the decel maps today and run it this weekend. If the Dyno jet part just easily replaces the stock o2 sensor at the header its sounds like an easy inexpensive partial solution. Is there anything else to this part replacement?
Thanks
Dobie

Last edited:
DougL- without the O2 sensor it won't add trim to the fuel tables and lean out the fueling again in those areas. When the bike is in closed loop the O2 sensor will tell the computer it is not at 14.57 to 1 A/F and will trim out the fuel map to get as close as it can, thus causing the popping to somewhat return. I think that it can only trim so far because mine returned mildly (more like a gurgle) then didn't progress any further. With the eliminator on the O2 will not go into closed loop and fuel mapping will stay the same because there will be no adaptions/fuel trims to lean it back out.

Dobieman- TallTexasGuy has fitted one recently maybe he can chime in..

DougL- without the O2 sensor it won't add trim to the fuel tables and lean out the fueling again in those areas. When the bike is in closed loop the O2 sensor will tell the computer it is not at 14.57 to 1 A/F and will trim out the fuel map to get as close as it can, thus causing the popping to somewhat return. I think that it can only trim so far because mine returned mildly (more like a gurgle) then didn't progress any further. With the eliminator on the O2 will not go into closed loop and fuel mapping will stay the same because there will be no adaptions/fuel trims to lean it back out.

Dobieman- TallTexasGuy has fitted one recently maybe he can chime in..

For 15 bucks, it seems like a good solution to the popping problem so long as it doesn't screw anything else up.

On another R3 site Wayne said:

"Download the latest TuneEdit (V3.4.2).
Open your tune then go into the tune constants page.
Remove the tick from the "O2 sensor fitted" and click "Save".
Download this to the bike.
Now unplug the O2 sensor and cable tie the plug out of the way.
This will stop the ECU going into closed loop and it can never learn itself into the stalling problem."

This would seem to do the same thing without the need for an O2 sensor dummy. Anyone care to confirm?

Back