Feb 14th, 2009 PigR9 provided the below results, how so??

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
2005 Rocket III
Triumph TOR's
K&N underseat filter
Full power ignition
Dyno results reported by Wayne at Tuneboy 147 hp and 157 ftlb.

I've got to say I am more than a little intrigued about the tuning of these engines. The above is a Tuneboy tune, reportedly achieving some very good looking numbers with a K&N underseat filters and TORs, I know that dyno results can vary by some depending on the operator and initial set up. They can give you any number you want basically. If you establish a solid baseline and correct for ambient conditions, results should be compareable. I know mustang dynos give significantly lower hp/torque than dynojets for instance. Even if the numbers are inflated by 10, that's quite good, 137 hp, 147 ftlb.

Based upon the research I've done in this forum, the above results are fictional, many don't get those kind of numbers with Ram Air and good exhausts/cross over pipes. Could be somebody is selling Tuneboy.

Or can Tuneboy achieve results others can't, just wondering,

I'm in the process of learning Tune ECU initially for diagnostics and to get familiar with possibly changing tunes. I starting to wonder if the cost of admission to Tuneboy is worth the price. Others here like Tuneboy too.

Hoopla

Not too far off what I had mine at once.
First dyno with Staintune exhaust only 124hp.
3 pod filters and Staintune 142hp.
3 pod filters and Reband full exhaust 163hp.
Ramair, Reband, Lush cam and pistons 201hp.

Just FYI -
I got 10hp more than that with trip K&N 2780s and CES exhaust.
A few more with RamAir.

2005 Rocket III
Triumph TOR's
K&N underseat filter
Full power ignition
Dyno results reported by Wayne at Tuneboy 147 hp and 157 ftlb.

I've got to say I am more than a little intrigued about the tuning of these engines. The above is a Tuneboy tune, reportedly achieving some very good looking numbers with a K&N underseat filters and TORs, I know that dyno results can vary by some depending on the operator and initial set up. They can give you any number you want basically. If you establish a solid baseline and correct for ambient conditions, results should be compareable. I know mustang dynos give significantly lower hp/torque than dynojets for instance. Even if the numbers are inflated by 10, that's quite good, 137 hp, 147 ftlb.

Based upon the research I've done in this forum, the above results are fictional, many don't get those kind of numbers with Ram Air and good exhausts/cross over pipes. Could be somebody is selling Tuneboy.

Or can Tuneboy achieve results others can't, just wondering,

I'm in the process of learning Tune ECU initially for diagnostics and to get familiar with possibly changing tunes. I starting to wonder if the cost of admission to Tuneboy is worth the price. Others here like Tuneboy too.

Hoopla

As I stated those were the dyno results reported by Wayne (the creator of tuneboy). He used an Eddy Current dyno if I remember correctly. They may be a couple points high but should be ballpark. I think his results were SAE corrected. I got into the low 140's with some of his canned tunes, I think I had Maddog exhaust and under tank K&N at the time. Fueling was never quite right because differences between US and Oz where he is.

The best I got was 151hp with Jardines and triple filters. I also have Nev Lush cams but mainly picked up midrange power with them nothing really top end. I used a combo of tuneboy and a PCIII on a Dynojet dyno. I am still running that setup - many rear tires later.

WOW lookie who dropped by?!?! :eek:
. . . and still aboard the Rocket! :thumbsup:
Good hearing from you again! :D

As I stated those were the dyno results reported by Wayne (the creator of tuneboy). He used an Eddy Current dyno if I remember correctly. They may be a couple points high but should be ballpark. I think his results were SAE corrected. I got into the low 140's with some of his canned tunes, I think I had Maddog exhaust and under tank K&N at the time. Fueling was never quite right because differences between US and Oz where he is.

The best I got was 151hp with Jardines and triple filters. I also have Nev Lush cams but mainly picked up midrange power with them nothing really top end. I used a combo of tuneboy and a PCIII on a Dynojet dyno. I am still running that setup - many rear tires later.

Thanks for the reply, so is it not accurate that you had the underseat K&N during the test?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, so is it not accurate that you had the underseat K&N during the test?

Thanks
I had an under the tank K&N (one of the early intake mods). I think Wayne ran triple foam Uni's on his bikes. He's in Australia, I'm in the US. You're talking a 5% difference between what he got and what I got. Two bikes setup identical and run on the same dyno can vary that much or more.

Back