R3T Triple K&N Jardines Power-Tripp Tune Dyno Results

GPMAZ

Staff member
Took my R3T with the newly installed Jardines and a tune supplied by Wayne Tripp at Power-Tripp Performance to the dyno this morning. The results were very satisfying. A/F ratio was recorded separate from the dyno and tracked steady at 13.5:1. Don't have a printout from that device (no printer hooked up).

Attachments

• R3T Dyno 0521100001.jpg
    R3T Dyno 0521100001.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 824
Instant throttle response, freight train like pull, mad rush to redline, and a serious threat to my rear tire.

Other than that, pretty normal...

:bch::bch:

Wow. Those are impressive numbers. Very lucky to be able to transfer a tune like that and have it work spot on. Good job both of you guys.

The Tune is a good starting point, but likely not perfect for your needs.
Just looking at the torque curve, I would bet that there are improvements that can be made. I especially think that the region from 4000-5000 can be improved, as well as 1800-2600 rpm.

I rarely find best output with a perfectly flat AFR trace at WOT. Generally a bit richer up through peak torque will improve output in this region of the power band. But I tune to best output, not a specific mixture ratio. And it is hard to make an educated guess from across the country. ;)

Give the engine what it wants for best output, not what you think it wants.

However, I am glad to hear this tune works well for your right out of the box. Ride it hard and have fun.

-Wayne

I did notice the flattening of the torque curve in the 1800-2600 range (the dip on the first run was caused by a slipping throttle hand). The only other time I had it on a dyno the 1800-2600 range had only a very slight flattening at the same point, not nearly as pronounced as now. That run was with D&Ds and a drop in K&N and netted 110/140. The 4000-5000 range looks very similar to that first run.

I may try to tweak the lower range after riding it a bit more. Good thing is I don't spend much time in that range. I don't tend to putt around in town very much.

Thanks again to Wayne for the tune, and the advice before and after. I would strongly recommend anyone remotely close to his shop to have him tune your bike. His results speak for themselves.

Back