BT MOTO Tune

zenbiker

Zenbiker
Ride
2021 R3 GT
I just installed the BT MOTO tune into my 2021 GT. Looking at the dyno chart, I'm not sure why I did it because almost all of the increased HP comes at 6000 rpm + which I almost never do! The rev limiter is now moved to 7500 and mph to with total HP increased by about 35 and top speed to 186.4 mph!.
$ 895 which I can now use for bragging rights only. Living in NJ, I haven't yey been able to do a good WOT run because of traffic but will report back after I do.
The change did not make a bit of difference in terms of start-ability, smoothness or all around behavior so I 'm not sorry about the change but, for me, it was ego rather than functionality! I did expect to feel more responsiveness throughout the rev range but, truth be told...hmmm.

I'm not getting my Rocket until next year but am poking around at options for fun. I watched the BT-Moto video and it looked promising but I take anything with a grain of salt anymore. I'm sure there is a good usable tune available that fixes the CA emissions super lean bs that affects all bikes sold out here and at least allows the beast to behave as intended as opposed to restricted.

Get out of the city and play! These bikes are best away from the press of the masses.
I live in Calaveras County CA, where hundreds of city folk ride their bikes to every weekend to get away from that. I spent decades riding on LA etc freeways and enjoy being away from all that but somehow still miss it a little bit. :)

I have a 2023 Rocket 3R in California, and the fueling and throttle response is beautiful. Far better than the Yamaha MT10 that it shares my garage with, and on a par with my Ducati Multistrada V4S. You do not need a tune on this bike in California. It's only if you want to.

I have a 2023 Rocket 3R in California, and the fueling and throttle response is beautiful. Far better than the Yamaha MT10 that it shares my garage with, and on a par with my Ducati Multistrada V4S. You do not need a tune on this bike in California. It's only if you want to.
That's good to hear because I really just don't want to have to deal with that to be honest. Just time, effort and money for what!

Back