Daymaker Type Headlights (Chinese Copies)

Got mine installed today, the $89 ones. Incredibly easy installation, 4 wire cuts, 4 wire crimps, slip on connectors bolt up and done, no more than 15 minutes. Lights have fantastic cutoff vertically, high beams form a bright projected spot a bit above the vertical cutoff and centered where all 4 bright lights land.

Bright as fawk, will get pictures after it gets dark. Have them setup with orange halos as running lights, the orange halos are very very visible and definitely catch your eye more than the stock lights did, meaning hopefully cagers see me more readily.

Overall I'd say 8/10 rating overall, 1 point off for not wiring all the halo wires internally and providing a small dip switch on the back to change the halo functionality instead of 3 mystery wires. Other point comes off for the lack of instructions about the halo wires.

<pics to follow>
Can't get night pics, camera is unable to capture a good image looking at the lights even from the side. Will have to get some when its light outside.

Last edited:
Just spotted a comparison of 12 7-inch ones including weird cheap Chinese ones, and the cheap stuff like the JW Speaker ("Daymaker") clones predictably turned out to be crap (I linked it in in the accessories section).

The Truck-lite product surprised me, amazing what you can get for $160-ish these days. But either that, the JW Speaker product or the Vision-X would be my choice, they all output tons of light. But Truck-lite doesn't have a 5.75...

IMG_20160427_105159.jpg
IMG_20160427_105146.jpg
Here we go:

The headlights originally posted by @ozrider were indeed Chinese and from Alibaba.
They appeared to be knock-offs of the older J W Speaker 8630s.
The headlights posted of by @Ishrub and @Claviger are NOT the same!
They are indeed Chinese and from Alibaba, but a design I've never seen before.
I be curious as to why the change and what are the reasons for the switch?

Is anyone with either of these lights coming to RAA XI in Spearfish?

Clav what is the link to order those ? I've been thinking about them for several months. I like the amber angel eye. How would you describe the low beam and high beam compared to stock and compared to good car lights ?

It is all in my post#56 below - Do not forget to buy each separately for free shipping if you order 2 you will forced to pay AUD$50+ International Global shipping!
Fitting guide is my Post#66.

Yesterday I bought two for $116 Australian (US$84.70) each shipped to Australia. They appear to match the Daymaker Australia 50w highbeam 30w lowbeam 5.75" version. Yes, another clone of the HD branded stuff, although he openly sources his stuff from China and provides good detail in listings on eBay and Gumtree. He seems to charge about 200% + on AliExpress prices - $275 Australian each ( US$200.00 )
Premium Harley or Triumph 5 3/4" LED Projector Headlight suit most 5 3/4" Black

His H4 bike bulbs in various grades seem good but he charges up to 400% more than identical stuff from his own supplier I found online at a couple of sites. Everyone has to eat I guess.

The trick to get free shipping is to buy one at a time and select ************** or mainland China International shipping - I went HK. As soon as you update to two in same order it defaults to $50+ International Global shipping!

1 PC 5.75 Inch 50W 5000lm Motorcycle Hi Lo Beam LED Headlight with Angel eyes for Harley Davidson-in Headlights from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Item specifics
Item Height: 0 cm
Brand Name: AUTOID
Model Name: 50w motorcycle headlight
Item Width: 5.75 inch
Special Features: moto headlight, fog light, drl
External Testing Certification: CE
Item Length: 5.75 inch
Item Type: Headlights
Material Type: Diecast aluminum housing
Item Diameter: 5.75 inch
Item Weight: 1.28 kg
Color Temperature: 6000K
Luminous Flux: 5000LM @ High Beam, 3000LM @ Low Beam
LED Chip: 10W x 2pcs; 5W x 6pcs LED Chips
Warranty: 12 months
Wattage: 50W @ High Beam, 30W @ Low Beam
Working Voltage: 10-30V DC
Waterproof Rate: IP 67
Package Includes: 1 x LED bulb
Car Make: for Harley Davidson

Scroll down in link to the video - I just did for first time.

They have confirmed shipment today, so in a few weeks I shall be able to comment. AliExpress ( not the seller ) does provide a money back guarantee of delivery and quality but that would have to be tested which I hope will not be me! This is my first AliExpress purchase after 5000+ on eBay over the years.

In those pics the lights are off, just the Halos turned on in the parking key position, the beams wash out the camera too much when on to get a good picture (camera sucks).

I would describe low beam as a semi-circle with a nice flat cutoff so you dont blind on-coming traffic, and the round part of the semi-circle extends down on the road nicely. It is very wide so good peripheral lighting and if aimed properly illuminates the road without being too high, like HID or Stock setups tend to be. They are very projected and don't bleed much past their intended cuttoffs, a feature I like a lot.

The High beams, the 4 circle lights top and bottom, combine to form a nice perfect circle 1/2 above and 1/2 below the plane of cutoff of the low beams, so you get get great projected light out in front of you without blinding everyone in sight. The low beam stays on with highs engaged so you still have good peripheral vision, the same as low beams add with a TON more right up the center, right where you want it.

The Halos can be used in a multitude of ways, turn signals flashing white to amber, solid white or solid amber as running lights depending how you wire them if you want. They do get warm, if you hold them in your hand with them off, but no where near the heat put out by the halogens. I rate them far above any HID kit I have seen, massively better than stock, and I have never seen JW Speakers in person on an R3, only on HDs. The JW setups I have seen on HDs I DO NOT like. The beams are so precisely focused, during the day they are very hard to see when on-coming in traffic and imo the amber halos I am using stand out during the day significantly more than stock or JW speaker setups.

I now have bright white halos in my turn signals, both for cool factor and greater off-angle visibility. Going to do a writeup on that one of these days when I actually have the whole bike back together... which should be soon, I need to get out there and ride.

All LED's are very well focused to light up the road and only the road, which makes them less visible than the stock lights in many cases (the stock Halogens leak light all over the place) from the side. So having some more lamps or halos for conspicuity is probably wise.

(Keep in if you ride with non-approved LED's you can find yourself fined if a cop checks them, and none of these chinese ones are DOT or E approved.)

I can definitely tell the difference from cagers. They seem to notice me and stop or yield when they should much quicker than previously, besides the oblivious idiots, who will always try and kill you no matter what lighting you have.

In the US the DOT legality issues are basically a non-issue, very few states even do safety inspections, and those that do tend to hand wave motorcycles through. It's nothing like British MOT certification, German TUV, or the other EU safety certs.

Back