Daymaker Type Headlights (Chinese Copies)

ET3 did you have to use the canbus adapter with your installation ? If so where did you put it ?
The Genssi look just like the Sunpie units. Are they the same with just different names ?

No,
the canbus adapter is not used. plug n play. I also think they're the same as the sunpie's, but I looked at Genssi website n went with those.

Was thinking of having a go fitting mine later today.
The LED units I posted above (#55) do not fit the inner lamp support / positioning metal ring tabs in the stock lamp but appear to fit in the shell firmly without it anyway. If they do move around at all once the outer ring is secured it should be simple to tape around the sealed unit shimming them up to make a firmer fit inside the case (not required after finishing fitting). I have tried powering them up with and w/o the supplied canbus unit and it does'nt seem to make a difference and Hi/Lo works fine as per video link.

The angel eye halo / orange amber ring around the lens has 3 functions as per the video:
  1. red wire connected to parking light globe power wire (yellow) starts dim then goes bright then pulsates and strobes with sections coming on and off, so red could be attached to low beam power source before the H4 plug as a strobing running light which I doubt is legal in Oz;
  2. with red and brown wire connected to yellow power source it becomes a bright parking light, so again if red and brown connected to low beam power it would be an extra running light with the low beam.
  3. with red and green wire attached to yellow power source it becomes a solid orange/amber halo ring so I presume the green could be connected to L or R blinker wires and red could be attached to low beam power source before the H4 plug (not the parking yellow wire) to make angel halo ring flash amber as an extra blinker but I doubt that is legal in Oz.

All the halo ring functions require the H4 plug to be connected for earth so the bright light (brown & red) or just the strobe pulse (red only) could be set up to run off the parking light power source (yellow) which is only key activated so strobe may be legal as a parking light only and theoretically should use less power than full bright light as a front parker.

I think I will just wire my red and brown to the yellow parking light power source and use as a parking light only.

The long central lamp is fitted horizontal with 2 circular projector lenses top and bottom. Will make sure I have them right way up and lamp cut-off angles correct tonight after dark. Without the positioning tabbed metal ring fitted just loosen outer ring and turn w/o the need to dismantle and they seem very firmly locked in place once the outer ring is tightened.

Last edited:
The LED units I posted above (#55) do not fit the inner lamp support / positioning metal ring tabs in the stock lamp but appear to fit in the shell firmly without it anyway. If they do move around at all once the outer ring is secured it should be simple to tape around the sealed unit shimming them up to make a firmer fit inside the case (not required after finishing fitting).

This is the kind of thing that gives me a violent allergic reaction to LED "bulbs". Every millimeter the tip of that LED jiggles causes light to bounce many meters up/down or sideways 100 meters down the road, as the distance to the reflector is very short every jiggle of the bulb will be magnified massively down range. LED "bulbs" are already not legal with halogen reflectors - now you have loose LED "bulbs"? Uh... yea, no bueno.

This is the kind of thing that gives me a violent allergic reaction to LED "bulbs". Every millimeter the tip of that LED jiggles causes light to bounce many meters up/down or sideways 100 meters down the road, as the distance to the reflector is very short every jiggle of the bulb will be magnified massively down range. LED "bulbs" are already not legal with halogen reflectors - now you have loose LED "bulbs"? Uh... yea, no bueno.

I'm glad you posted that.............. I was about to reply to Ishrub's post about how he handled that issue. I was going to cry & moan about the fact that due to my extreme OCD I spent over 1 hour each with a dremmel cutting disc & Air grinder cutting out the 3 additional slots & grinding out the inside diameter of the ring to where it will slide over the lamp housing, as it is too tight to go over it if you don't :banghead:...................... NOW I FEEL BETTER that I went to the trouble ;) :whitstling:

Back