Can You See Me Now - Aux Lights for the 3R

Bull, Where did you mount Erica? I have Darla mounted on the forks and JW Adaptive, but as usual I want more.
After testing Erica, it was brighter than the Adaptive. I ran it atop the engine guards. Now I run 1 Erica directly below the Adaptive2s.
Tis mounted where the weak-ass OEM horn was and now presents a nice bright-ass triangle like a locomotive.

One of my lights went out. The company said they no longer made the yellow ones, so they refunded me 100%. I bought these replacements. They're smaller, inexpensive, look pretty good, and extremely bright. $27, so if a rock takes one out I'll just buy another set.

Edit (3-4-23) I'm using these as marker lights to be seen by other drivers during the day, not to increase my ability to see at night.

No way I can run them at night without blinding other drivers and in the daytime they're borderline obnoxious- which is perfect. These can be switched from white, yellow, both. I only have a one-way switch, so I didn't wire the white in. I think with both on they'd be nuclear.
IMG_2314.jpg
IMG_2316.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2318.jpg
Update on these lights. One went out- the connection of the wire inside the light. I wrote the company and asked for a replacement for the one light and they quickly sent me a new set. Love it when companies actually honor their warranty claims. In the meantime I had opened it up and soldered the loose wire. Still running the original set. Good company. :thumbsup:

@Journeyman , How are these lights working for you on the lower forks? Since they are unsprung, any issues with the shock to the lights or brackets after a year+ of use?

@Journeyman , How are these lights working for you on the lower forks? Since they are unsprung, any issues with the shock to the lights or brackets after a year+ of use?
Hi @Jay - They haven't had any other issues- just the loose wire (company replaced very quickly) and then the fact that I sanded half the lens off one when I went down, but it still worked! I just replaced it with one of the new units they sent me. These are best as marker lights- not the best for supplemental viewing light, but they do help. As @Kevin frazier said, they are piercing bright even in daylight. I have them pointed down slightly so they don't shine directly in someone's eyes at car seat level or higher. If you crouch down to look at the lights you don't want to stare at them- super bright!

Hi @Jay - They haven't had any other issues- just the loose wire (company replaced very quickly) and then the fact that I sanded half the lens off one when I went down, but it still worked! I just replaced it with one of the new units they sent me. These are best as marker lights- not the best for supplemental viewing light, but they do help. As @Kevin frazier said, they are piercing bright even in daylight. I have them pointed down slightly so they don't shine directly in someone's eyes at car seat level or higher. If you crouch down to look at the lights you don't want to stare at them- super bright!
Thanks for the longevity report.

I went with the Denali DRL in amber when they had a sale about a month ago. I ran the wires to the DIN plug inside the dash tub. They put out lot's of light but are not designed to light up the road in front.

F995D0C8-189D-47FB-88FE-925895CC8500_1_105_c.jpeg

Back