2020 3R
IMG_1679.jpeg
IMG_1688.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg
IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1682.jpeg
IMG_1680.jpeg

auxlightSwitch.jpg

Lights from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083FJTYRV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Fork brackets were custom ordered from ClearWatter (~$30).

Headed out on a 7 - 10 day ride through the Shenandoah Valley to D.C. and beyond and looking for a little more "recognition" out there.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
One of my lights went out. The company said they no longer made the yellow ones, so they refunded me 100%. I bought these replacements. They're smaller, inexpensive, look pretty good, and extremely bright. $27, so if a rock takes one out I'll just buy another set.

Edit (3-4-23) I'm using these as marker lights to be seen by other drivers during the day, not to increase my ability to see at night.

No way I can run them at night without blinding other drivers and in the daytime they're borderline obnoxious- which is perfect. These can be switched from white, yellow, both. I only have a one-way switch, so I didn't wire the white in. I think with both on they'd be nuclear.
IMG_2314.jpg
IMG_2316.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2318.jpg

Last edited:
There are different opinions on that. I've gone with further apart. I've noticed when I see Beamers off in the distance they pop with those yellow lights mounted low. The only downside I see would be certain situations in hilly terrain, which is where I live.

One of my lights went out. The company said they no longer made the yellow ones, so they refunded me 100%. I bought these replacements. They're smaller, inexpensive, look pretty good, and extremely bright. $27, so if a rock takes one out I'll just buy another set.

No way I can run them at night without blinding other drivers and in the daytime they're borderline obnoxious- which is perfect. These can be switched from white, yellow, both. I only have a one-way switch, so I didn't wire the white in. I think with both on they'd be nuclear.
IMG_2314.jpg
IMG_2316.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2318.jpg

Did mounting brackets come with lights ?

These lights do look nice, BUT . . .
In my world of crash reconstruction and motorcycle lighting optics, any production LED side light costing under $100 US is inadequate.
Get a light meter reading at 1 meter for lux and I would bet that object identifiable light cast forward would be less than 200 feet and perhaps even less. Remember that at 60 mph you move 88 feet every second and at night you will have about a 2 second response time for a simple response.
By the time you react and apply brakes, or swerve, that 200 or less feet is gone. You have struck the hazard at or near 60 mph.
Just trying to be helpful - absolutely NO offense intended. Up front, I run the Clearwater Erica with my JW Speaker Adaptive 2 headlights

Last edited:
Back