Crying the MPG blues . . .

Guys, I did not buy my R3T for fuel mileage. I did not buy it for performance either. I bought it because it is the gosh darned most beautiful power cruiser on the market. I considered the Honda Valkyrie Rune but the R3T reigns. My 2011 is bone stock and I am learning more about it and researching performance options.

My first mpg run was 35.6. Acceptable. Second run was a bit more aggressive and 28 mpg. Today I topped it up @101 miles and it took 3.4 gallons. My gawdd, that sucks schitte, 29 mpg. Guys, I did not romp on it and honestly tried to baby it shifting into fifth around 45 mph.

Any idea as to what I might be doing wrong? Running my old 1600 roadstar pretty hard, I get 50mpg, sometimes better even though I have done performance mods on that bike.

I have got to get this figured out. Perhaps I have too much oil in the tank, slightly above the top fill mark. Perhaps it is not recording the mileage correctly. The clutch switch is FUBAR so there is no fuel indication.

Any ideas?
I have had it as high as 41 MPG and as low as 23 MPG depending on the hooligan in me that day. Believe it or not the high MPG is when the bride is with me. My throttle hand is very passive then.

Your numbers aren't too off.

What can be done and what I did, was have the cruising throttle positions and rpm tuned for economy on the dyno. I get great economy on trips. Usually around 35-40mpg.

Im hopeful after my engine is back together and tuned il get even more.

Sounds about normal from my experience. I actually get a bit better keeping mine in 4th if I am running below 50mph.

If people ask if it is fast I tell them it will pass anything on the road except; a carpenter rocket, a gas station or a tire store.

I have had it as high as 41 MPG and as low as 23 MPG depending on the hooligan in me that day. Believe it or not the high MPG is when the bride is with me. My throttle hand is very passive then.
Ahhh . . . you live on Cape Cod. I have good friend who lives in Welfleet. He's been there 35 years.

Sounds about normal from my experience. I actually get a bit better keeping mine in 4th if I am running below 50mph.

If people ask if it is fast I tell them it will pass anything on the road except; a carpenter rocket, a gas station or a tire store.
Ha Ha Man I will remember that quote. I have had several people eyeballing my bike and when I start it up the look on their face is priceless. They expect a Goliath sound. I tell them it's like Mike Tyson, lol. Gentle voice big time smack down.

Was out riding today started off with a full tank (wee american gallon) stopped for petrol at 160miles(159.2) put in 4.8gal ,the riding was very rarely under 70mph with plenty of sprints over 100mph and top speed today was 128(gps) I have the 210hp bike so I think that is not bad.

Did you do that de-restricting? I remember corresponding with someone on the forum here in Raleigh who had done that and offered to help me. Come spring, I might plan a day trip to Raleigh. Actually, we ought to be living in Raleigh. Getting tired of hurricanes every year.

Was out riding today started off with a full tank (wee american gallon) stopped for petrol at 160miles(159.2) put in 4.8gal ,the riding was very rarely under 70mph with plenty of sprints over 100mph and top speed today was 128(gps) I have the 210hp bike so I think that is not bad.
That's great for a pumped up motor. Best I have gotten thus far 33.5

Back