Crying the MPG blues . . .

DodahMan

Turbocharged
Ride
Yamaha Roadstar, 2011 Triumph Rocket III Tour
Guys, I did not buy my R3T for fuel mileage. I did not buy it for performance either. I bought it because it is the gosh darned most beautiful power cruiser on the market. I considered the Honda Valkyrie Rune but the R3T reigns. My 2011 is bone stock and I am learning more about it and researching performance options.

My first mpg run was 35.6. Acceptable. Second run was a bit more aggressive and 28 mpg. Today I topped it up @101 miles and it took 3.4 gallons. My gawdd, that sucks schitte, 29 mpg. Guys, I did not romp on it and honestly tried to baby it shifting into fifth around 45 mph.

Any idea as to what I might be doing wrong? Running my old 1600 roadstar pretty hard, I get 50mpg, sometimes better even though I have done performance mods on that bike.

I have got to get this figured out. Perhaps I have too much oil in the tank, slightly above the top fill mark. Perhaps it is not recording the mileage correctly. The clutch switch is FUBAR so there is no fuel indication.

Any ideas?

Sorry to say sounds like your are about average on mpg.

You will get wild swings in mpg depending on riding conditions. I find my best mileage on the interstate doing between 75 to 85.

Stop and go traffic will kill you.

Riding curves is somewhere in the middle depending on how aggressive you are, but OMG is worth it.

Have similar swings,, 30-39 mpg. I truly don't concern myself with it anymore because I stop about every 150 miles to refuel. These massive high performance bikes are not known for fuel efficiency. On that subject, my beautiful 2007 Vulcan Nomad didn't get much better fuel numbers, and while it was a beautiful, smooth touring machine, it was a dog compared to my Rocket

Guys, I did not buy my R3T for fuel mileage. I did not buy it for performance either. I bought it because it is the gosh darned most beautiful power cruiser on the market. I considered the Honda Valkyrie Rune but the R3T reigns. My 2011 is bone stock and I am learning more about it and researching performance options.

My first mpg run was 35.6. Acceptable. Second run was a bit more aggressive and 28 mpg. Today I topped it up @101 miles and it took 3.4 gallons. My gawdd, that sucks schitte, 29 mpg. Guys, I did not romp on it and honestly tried to baby it shifting into fifth around 45 mph.

Any idea as to what I might be doing wrong? Running my old 1600 roadstar pretty hard, I get 50mpg, sometimes better even though I have done performance mods on that bike.

I have got to get this figured out. Perhaps I have too much oil in the tank, slightly above the top fill mark. Perhaps it is not recording the mileage correctly. The clutch switch is FUBAR so there is no fuel indication.

Any ideas?

I just finished an 1800 mile ride to Tombstone and parts in between.
I got as high as exactly 30 mpg . . . once! :roll:
Mostly 26 - 28 mpg cruising 80 - 90 with an occasional ton+ for awhile. :thumbsup: :inlove

I did 500km trip the other week and used 34 litres of fuel. Over 14kms a litre.

I am happy with that.

Whenever I get asked about fuel consumption I have a standard response.
If I was worried about that I would have got a step thru scooter.

I did get 30-35mpg bone stock on mixed roads, but after my D&D pipes and upgraded tune I get about 26 on mixed roads and I've seen 35-37 on the Highway if I can keep her around 75. Regardless, I fill up around 110 miles or so...
-MIG

I will consistently get 15km per litre riding on the highway at 100 to110pkh, at 120+kph increases the fuel consumption to 12km per litre.

Back