Considering buying a Rocket Touring

Jardines are out of production, but that said, I don't find them too loud. I don't know what all else can be had, but Carpenter Racing might have something. Various slip ons can often be adapted, though it's pure luck if you use any ordinary set and find them suitable. I am fairly sure there are other options. Vance & Hines might be a place to look.

If Jardines wereouder than you like, I'd steer clear of CES, Rename, Carpenter. They are all equal or louder than the Jardines I've heard on R3s.

Tors sound nice, probably really nice behind a set of Paul's headers, with a catless cross over.

Well it looks like I have some options and I think I just got closer to the R3T.

My cousin rode up from Albany, OR today and we'll be setting out for eastern BC in the morning. We went to one of my favorite watering holes on Puget Sound for a pizza and beer and ran into a friend who owns the top performance VTwin shop in the area. I told John that I wanted to sell my Super Glide, one that he knows well, and the Nomad in order to buy another Rocket and he said he probably has a buyer for the Harley. I sent him the information and specs on it when I got home and will take it over to his shop as soon as I return from BC next week.

Getting closer.

Awesome, I imagine with the two sold you'll have enough dough for the R3 + some farkle money to tweak anything you want to tweak to your taste.

I just returned from a ride to British Columbia, into Alberta and then on through Pitcher Creek and then south to the frontier into St Mary's, MT and on into Glacier National Park. What a wild ride.

While in BC I called my friend back in Gig Harbor to reassure him that I'll be back to help him with the sale of his 2009 Rocket Touring.

And what the hey but I just found this beautiful machine for sale at the local BMW dealership. What a great deal this one is.

I'll ride over to see it in the AM.

2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring ABS

Looking good :thumbsup: I don't understand how so many rockets are for sale with less than 1000 miles on them. Maybe their original owners had to change their pants after buying one too soon and finding out later what the beast really is :thumbsdown::eek::D

Back