CONNECTION ISSUE

Have you checked the throttle body balance? what numbers are you showing. Could be a vacuum leak on one of the hoses, block off caps or the fitting merging them with the map sensor hose. The tank vent hole are on the left up front right underneath where the front bear claw mount bolt goes I could see them getting pinched at the back of the tank left side by your TPS. Speaking of TPS you said you put a used one in are you sure its a good one?

# 2 is 10 off. Has always been. Nope, it came with a throttle body assembly I bought for scraps

No the problem with a pressure washer is that there are connector behind the plastic triangle infill cover at back of motor, one of which is for the crank angle sensor and prone to HOLDING water after pressure washing .... dont ask me how :rolleyes::oops:I know
those symptoms sound very familiar to what will happen if it is holding water and no it will not dry out by it's self you need to dry it and fill the square female connector ful of dielectric grease

You mean on the left side. There are several connectors there. Water might have gotten in there. Which one is it? The clips are a ***** to open. Tomorrow ill remove the metal side cover and the triangle and see if I find a square connector.

its behind the plastic cover and yes I recall it had a metal clip type thing on it and a pain to open

Which tube might that be?
Rick there is only two hoses one air should pass thru easily as it is the overflow runs down to right besides the starter the other runs from internal a tank to a roll over valve
its right besides the relays on the left side
Link Removed

and then down to the bottom of the bike this valve is for when the bike goes on its side its a one way check valve it is for normal vent fume vapors to expand and vent but when hit with a larger pressure as in a roll over it has a stop check in it that closes so the tank does not empty Before pulling them from the tank put a piece of tape around one of them and remember which fitting the tape goes to I use a plastic wire tie on mine and cut the wire tie close to the hose so it is there for ever on the front one.
anyway one or both could have got pinch and if so I suspect it will be close to the hinge point on the tank where the rear bolt on the bear claw goes to easy check. Heck with the bear claw off both can be reached while the tank is down. when you pull them just clean the hose and off and blow in it first so you can figure out which one has the valve on it or just trace it while you have the two little side covers off today.

Rick there is only two hoses one air should pass thru easily as it is the overflow runs down to right besides the starter the other runs from internal a tank to a roll over valve
its right besides the relays on the left side
Link Removed

and then down to the bottom of the bike this valve is for when the bike goes on its side its a one way check valve it is for normal vent fume vapors to expand and vent but when hit with a larger pressure as in a roll over it has a stop check in it that closes so the tank does not empty Before pulling them from the tank put a piece of tape around one of them and remember which fitting the tape goes to I use a plastic wire tie on mine and cut the wire tie close to the hose so it is there for ever on the front one.
anyway one or both could have got pinch and if so I suspect it will be close to the hinge point on the tank where the rear bolt on the bear claw goes to easy check. Heck with the bear claw off both can be reached while the tank is down. when you pull them just clean the hose and off and blow in it first so you can figure out which one has the valve on it or just trace it while you have the two little side covers off today.

It is not pinched. Can the valve get stuck closed? I'm going to let my mechanic give me his opinion once I get the new TPS and get it dialed. He is kinda anti TuneECU. Perhaps he has never seen it work. I think corporate mandates that the mechanics do not recommend anything outside their control. If the TPS does not fix the problem, it will go to fuel filter change and grease the connections near the relays and under the left plastic cover.

It is not pinched. Can the valve get stuck closed? I'm going to let my mechanic give me his opinion once I get the new TPS and get it dialed. He is kinda anti TuneECU. Perhaps he has never seen it work. I think corporate mandates that the mechanics do not recommend anything outside their control. If the TPS does not fix the problem, it will go to fuel filter change and grease the connections near the relays and under the left plastic cover.
If the valve is stuck close you won't be able to blow thru it at all. if its open the resistance will be more then the other one but air will still pass. If air passes thru, (not compressed air) then it is not stuck its open and you move on.

If the valve is stuck close you won't be able to blow thru it at all. if its open the resistance will be more then the other one but air will still pass. If air passes thru, (not compressed air) then it is not stuck its open and you move on.

Both tubes are open. Crank position sensor connector lubed. Still have the problem. Should get the new TPS tomorrow and hope it works, otherwise the fuel filter needs to be changed. I guess the tank has to come off and emptied well. There is a post somewhere about how to remove and install the tank element without damaging the fuel level float and what filter to use. I have a complete spare. Will probably just swap them.

Thanks for all the help. Now, can we get 70 degree weather pleeese?

Back