Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
I'm using an older laptop running Vista and did, previously, use TuneECU on it to load a new tune (20355) on my 2011 Roadster. Now, mysteriously, I can still connect and adjust the throttle bodies, etc., but when I try to save an existing map or load a new one I get this message- please see attached photo. Hitting Continue does nothing. I reloaded TuneEcu and the driver for the cable (made by LonElec), but still no joy. If you have an idea please share.
Many thanks- Blake
IMG_3165.JPG

I'm using an older laptop running Vista and did, previously, use TuneECU on it to load a new tune (20355) on my 2011 Roadster. Now, mysteriously, I can still connect and adjust the throttle bodies, etc., but when I try to save an existing map or load a new one I get this message- please see attached photo. Hitting Continue does nothing. I reloaded TuneEcu and the driver for the cable (made by LonElec), but still no joy. If you have an idea please share.
Many thanks- Blake
IMG_3165.JPG

How old is your version on Tunecu?

How old is your version on Tunecu?

It's the newest version. I reinstalled the software today in case the previous had somehow become corrupted, including the driver for the cable. I know a computer with a newer operating system might be a solution, but I'm puzzled as to why it worked before. Finding someone with another PC laptop is difficult. Just hoping someone has seen that error before (doesn't necessarily look specific to TuneEcu) and knows what the fix might be. Thanks

Anyway you can try a OS that IS NOT VISTA?. Vista was full of little undocumented features. Win7Ultimate would be the logical move - Or Windows10LTSB

Can you hit the DETAILS button and post output? - With an error code we might get further. I'd like to see what is not autoupdating.

Anyway you can try a OS that IS NOT VISTA?. Vista was full of little undocumented features. Win7Ultimate would be the logical move - Or Windows10LTSB

Can you hit the DETAILS button and post output? - With an error code we might get further. I'd like to see what is not autoupdating.

I'll look into upgrading the OS- just not sure what's involved on PC. I'll post back with the full details of the error report when I can get back to working on the bike. Just replaceD the fuel filter today and she is running better than ever. I was hoping to try a different tune at some point when I get this glitch worked out. Thanks you guys for your assistance.

I'll look into upgrading the OS- just not sure what's involved on PC. I'll post back with the full details of the error report when I can get back to working on the bike. Just replaceD the fuel filter today and she is running better than ever. I was hoping to try a different tune at some point when I get this glitch worked out. Thanks you guys for your assistance.
Depending on the Hardware itself - You will be doing yourself a favour moving up anyway.
WinVISTA and Win8 (even 8.1) were pretty dire - and many "drivers" are as a result unpredictable. The issue I have with Win10 is BLOATWARE.

Win7 was a good solid OS and would be my suggestion if the device is older and esp if it is 32bit. THIS I THINK WILL BE YOUR ROUTE.
Win10 is OK IF (AND IT'S A BIG IF) you can find a version of Win10LTSB (It is NOT sold except as an option for Enterprise Customers). Like all good things it can be found if you know where to look.

If (like me) you only really use WINDOWS because the R3 software needs it: Then there are other roads to take.

When you can - Need to know what hardware you have too. MAKE MODEL CPU RAM.

This probably doesnt help but my crappy garage laptop runs on Vista and a late version of Tune ECU and I've never seen THAT before, use it quite regularly to. I do keep it off the internet as much as possible. Dont think thats the TECU program. I really don't like Vista but its been fine for this so far. Maybe the drivers are corrupted

This probably doesnt help but my crappy garage laptop runs on Vista and a late version of Tune ECU and I've never seen THAT before, use it quite regularly to. I do keep it off the internet as much as possible. Dont think thats the TECU program. I really don't like Vista but its been fine for this so far. Maybe the drivers are corrupted

That is helpful. I was thinking of buying a cheap laptop with a newer OS, but now I think I'll keep at it with this one until I figure something out.

That is helpful. I was thinking of buying a cheap laptop with a newer OS, but now I think I'll keep at it with this one until I figure something out.
Good god man - we can upgrade your OS.
PIRATE.png

Without the source code - debugging Alain's TuneECU is rather tough.

The "easy" route is de-install EVERYTHING - run a registry cleaner - reinstall and see. Except it's not as easy as it sounds.
Clean OS install slam dunk and clean driver/program install. Time consuming but not hard.

Swapping some cam shims might be easier for me. I'm a MAC guy, so not sure even where to start with Windows. I'll research it tonight and see if I can do it without bricking the PC. I don't have the original OS install disks. Thanks
Depending on the PC itself - it might be worth buying a new hard disk and start from scratch - the old disk kept safe for roll-back.

Back