CONNECTION ISSUE

Cleaned and lubed everything. TPS set @.60V and ISCV @ .72V. Bike starts and idles well. At low throttle is riding well but at higher rpm over 4000 it is sputtering, like it is not getting fuel.

Ok I am back and have a little time @1K9

so first you need to know any changes you make on a map whether its speed limiter, fueling speedo correction, even fan temp turn on you must have the map saved. meaning if you even change the idle rpm and do not save the map the changes will not be implemented in the ecu. This is why I first copied the map that was in yours and saved it. then any changes I would make I save the map again but add a date to the name so I can always go back to the old or original version. Map names are what you give it and mean nothing except so you can identify the map you want to install.
So in your case I have to original one I copied and the second one we made the idle changes to in my lap top. Not this map has been modified and I am not sure where you got it or when it was installed. but since the secondary's are set to 100% and the speed limiter setting and and few other changes I can say it is not a OEM triumph map but a modified one

Anyway to
Load a map into the ecu. first have the map you want to load pulled up in tune ecu. Usually if you have used it before it will be there when you open tune ecu if not open the correct map file.

Then you need to link up to the bike

To link Tune ECU to the Bike.
1st plug cable into computer first and listen for dadonk as the computer recognizes the cable.
2nd plug cable into bike look for the light if yours has one.
3rd Key switch to 'on' and handlebar kill switch to 'run' position but do not start the engine.
4th open Tune ECU and watch for the green TPS light as you link up.

once the green light is up you go to the map edit tab upper right corner in the screen.

once on map edit tab go to the upper left corner and click on ECU and when the pop up box opens go down and double click on down load (highlighted in the red box)

load tune ecu map.jpg

another box will open up and inform you that all changes in the map good or bad are going into the ecu DO you know what your doing :) click yes if so and the down load will begin. watch the bottom as you will see the percentage loaded travel across the screen.

Remember making wrong changes can hurt the engine make double sure you know what you are loading. Your bike is a early bike and will only except maps meant for the older standard and Classic model ecu's not Roadster or not Touring tunes as the ecu is not cheap!!!!

Last edited:
Ok I am back and have a little time @1K9

so first you need to know any changes you make on a map whether its speed limiter, fueling speedo correction, even fan temp turn on you must have the map saved. meaning if you even change the idle rpm and do not save the map the changes will not be implemented in the ecu. This is why I first copied the map that was in yours and saved it. then any changes I would make I save the map again but add a date to the name so I can always go back to the old or original version. Map names are what you give it and mean nothing except so you can identify the map you want to install.
So in your case I have to original one I copied and the second one we made the idle changes to in my lap top. Not this map has been modified and I am not sure where you got it or when it was installed. but since the secondary's are set to 100% and the speed limiter setting and and few other changes I can say it is not a OEM triumph map but a modified one

Anyway to
Load a map into the ecu. first have the map you want to load pulled up in tune ecu. Usually if you have used it before it will be there when you open tune ecu if not open the correct map file.

Then you need to link up to the bike

To link Tune ECU to the Bike.
1st plug cable into computer first and listen for dadonk as the computer recognizes the cable.
2nd plug cable into bike look for the light if yours has one.
3rd Key switch to 'on' and handlebar kill switch to 'run' position but do not start the engine.
4th open Tune ECU and watch for the green TPS light as you link up.

once the green light is up you go to the map edit tab upper right corner in the screen.

once on map edit tab go to the upper left corner and click on ECU and when the pop up box opens go down and double click on down load (highlighted in the red box)

load tune ecu map.jpg

another box will open up and inform you that all changes in the map good or bad are going into the ecu DO you know what your doing :) click yes if so and the down load will begin. watch the bottom as you will see the percentage loaded travel across the screen.

Remember making wrong changes can hurt the engine make double sure you know what you loading. Your bike is a early bike and will only except maps meant for the older standard and Classic model ecu's nor Roadster or now Touring tunes as the ecu is not cheap!!!!

Thank you Scott. I'v been doing the right thing. Something else is going on. Just took the bike for a test and the throttle is all over the place. Perhaps the spare TPS is bad too.

Back