No connection to TuneEcu - now connected

cskals

.040 Over
Ride
R3 standard 2005
Hi all
I've bought the LoneElec cable and are trying to connect to my R3.
I've pulled the light fuse and everything else I can come up with, but no luck :-(

Anyone in here who can give a few inputs as to why it doesn't work?

The LonElec cable, assuming it is good, based on that assumption -- if you have found the OBD connector, and connected the LonElec cable to it properly, you should have a free male USB connection.

Then, you must have a computer, be it laptop or phone, that has a good data connection, and hosts TuneECU such that TuneECU can "see" that USB port.

For example, I have a four-year old Toshiba Satellite laptop that has three USB ports: two work with TuneECU/LonElec and one doesn't.

Unless you have access to high end test equipment that can check the data lines of your USB port(s), I can only suggest you try using a different computer, and check all ports, until you find one that works.

And this of course, assumes you have the LonElec cable attached correctly. My LonElec cable has an indicator light on it, to show it (not the computer) is electrically connected to the ECU.

The LonElec cable, assuming it is good, based on that assumption -- if you have found the OBD connector, and connected the LonElec cable to it properly, you should have a free male USB connection.

Then, you must have a computer, be it laptop or phone, that has a good data connection, and hosts TuneECU such that TuneECU can "see" that USB port.

For example, I have four-year old Toshiba Satellite laptop that has three USB ports: two work with TuneECU/LonElec and one doesn't.

Unless you have access to high end test equipment that can check the data lines of your USB port(s), I can only suggest you try using a different computer, and check all ports, until you find one that works.

And this of course, assumes you have the LonElec cable attached correctly. My LonElec cable has an indicator light on it, to show it (not the computer) is electrically connected to the ECU.

Thanks a lot, tried a different port and all works.

Back