Why are TuneECU maps country specific?

Will have to verify Win11 tmrw.

Fairly certain I had no issues with it by opening the tune file from inside TuneECU file>open>browse to tune file.
Double clicking a .hex file has never worked on any win version I'm aware of since TuneECU windows is a portable app that doesn't register the .hex as an associated extension.

Nope - every map that I try to load in Win11 gives an error "Unsupported map or file is corrupt" The same map opens fine in Android (and I am guessing in Win7 too)
As i have TuneECU windows version installed (Windows 11) gave it a try. More then very likely the developer of TuneECU decided to change the .hex file layout. All old hex files will load without any problems, new hex files will not load :mad:

Last edited:
I thought it just might be some way for Penner to keep track of where the downloads were going. For things like billing and tracking. It does seem like a tune is a tune and the ECU compensates for differences in fuel and such. Have those meds kicked in yet? 💊

I decided to take the plunge and download the US map for my 2022 GT ....... and I am glad I did! Engine flexibility has improved enormously and the rough vibration patch around 2000rpm has nearly gone now, making traffic trickling in the lower gears much easier. The power delivery is stunning! - its a good job that I have the Quickshift system fitted as I would not be able to use the clutch quick enough going up the gears!
All credit to Ulf Penner - you are a Wizard sir :notworthy::notworthy:

Last edited:
Back