OK, update (I really hate it when people ask for help and never bother to follow up).

I finally found an amazingly great deal on a copy of OS 7 on flea bay. I see what you mean @barbagris by "in theory" when I said I'd need to buy an upgrade. It was $2.99 and, surely, completely legit. It was the best three bucks I ever spent.

Well, I was expecting the worst, but the upgrade and install went surprisingly well. I was almost shocked when I plugged into the bike and it connected and allowed me to load a new tune. Sah...weet! As someone else suggested, it must have been the Vista OS that was causing me problems.

So, a good fellow @Martin-Brighton-uk shared his tune for an '11 Roadster with a pretty similar setup (look in resources) and I decided to use that to give my newly working setup a whirl. Fantastic! I was only able to get in a short ride today, but my initial reaction is, oh, FH yeah!

If you're seeing this Martin, a big thanks to you for being kind enough to share that tune. It was a definite improvement over the canned 20355 map for TORs. When I find a good tuner nearby, and once I get the crossover pipe from Paul Bryant, I'll return the favor to you and anyone else in the group by sharing my tune, as well. Why not?

I really do appreciate all the great advice (and tunes :) I get from fellow users here on this forum. I hope to see many of you in Maggie Valley this year. Thanks and happy new year!

That's awesome news @Journeyman28778
I've now fitted a Dave Platt crossover and am using the same map. Sounds much deeper and am sure it's running even better with better flow crossover. Might take it back to tuner who uses TuneECU to see if map call be improved but It's running sweet as is.

I've been having a bit of fun burning through some gas since the install. I checked my mileage and getting 27 mpg (converted, I believe = 10.5 liters per 100 kilometers). Well, there's been a good bit of spirited riding, but how does that stack up with what you're getting? Compared to the canned tune for TORs, is this a richer fuel mix?- it must be.

I wish I had a tuner that used TuneEcu nearby so I could readily return the favor after getting the crossover form Paul Bryant. At some point I'll just commit to spending a three day weekend in order to get her tuned.

You're a very good man to share. Yeah, love to see if the crossover makes a difference to the tune. I believe your existing tune gives my bike a little more growl. Thank you.

Oh, the O2 box was not checked. I still have the sensor, so I checked the box, but not sure that was the best choice. Reading up on O2 sensors opens a whole can of worms. What did you do about that?

The tuner said he disables the o2 sensor but it is still present in the exhaust. Bike then doesn't need the 12 minute tune because it's not trying to adapt. The O2 sensor and adaption is to make it run with less emissions not just better running.

just a quick one with ECUTune, when you do any resets like the ISPV do you need to a reset adaption or does it just take?

If you mean when you adjust ISVC if you make adjustments then you do need to rest adaptions. 12min tune recommended if you have 02 sensor working

The way the tuner explained it to me about the 12 minute tune is that it uses the O2 sensor, along with other inputs to trim the map values to make the emissions better. So he turned it off so it's not trying to promptly trim out the adjustment he'd just made.

Back