It's the newest version. I reinstalled the software today in case the previous had somehow become corrupted, including the driver for the cable. I know a computer with a newer operating system might be a solution, but I'm puzzled as to why it worked before. Finding someone with another PC laptop is difficult. Just hoping someone has seen that error before (doesn't necessarily look specific to TuneEcu) and knows what the fix might be. Thanks

It's a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5803. The sticker says Dual-core processor T2330, 1024MB PC5300 DDR2 SDRAM, 120GB (5400 RPM) HDD.....

I found an install disk. If I go that route is it as easy as putting in the CD and following directions? Sounds like you might be a Mac user too and can "feel my pain."

She is running great at the moment, so I'm not desperate to get this going immediately, but would like to experiment with some different tunes beyond the 20355 at some point. Still mystified as to how it worked before and I was able to install the 20355 map a couple of months ago. The program sees the bike, just won't let me save or load new maps.

Thanks again...

Here's the error code in detail:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.set_AutoUpgradeEnabled(Boolean)'.
at TuneECU.ISOMain.UpgradeEnabled(mOpenFileDialog sender, Boolean save)
at TuneECU.ISOMain.openMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1003 (QFEN-2.050727-1000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TuneECU
Assembly Version: 2.5.8.0
Win32 Version: 2.5.8
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Blake/Desktop/Tune%20ECU/TuneECU%20v2.5.8/TuneECU.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
TuneLibrary
Assembly Version: 2.5.8.9
Win32 Version: 2.5.8.9
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Blake/Desktop/Tune%20ECU/TuneECU%20v2.5.8/TuneLibrary.DLL
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have vista on an old unit I use in the garage. Had similar issue. Turns out the OS did an auto update. Tune Ecu did not work even after reinstalling. I did a system restore back to the previous version and all was good. Turned of all auto updates. Only use it in the garage anyway.

PC - Slowish but safe. There must be somebody on here in NC or near who can help. Seriously - I suspect VISTA. ime rolling back OS's can give unexpected results - So if you have the CD - EXPECT to lose everything and start from scratch. And if you have to do that - then upgrade the OS.

PC - Slowish but safe. There must be somebody on here in NC or near who can help. Seriously - I suspect VISTA. ime rolling back OS's can give unexpected results - So if you have the CD - EXPECT to lose everything and start from scratch. And if you have to do that - then upgrade the OS.

Losing everything is no worries. The only thing I need this laptop for is to run TuneECU. Unless someone see's a quick fix in the error code, I'll put in the CD and hope the wipe and reinstall is pretty straightforward. I looked up upgrading the OS and, according to my understanding, I'd have to pay for Windows 7. After that the upgrades are free.

Thanks to all!

@warp9.9 Scott can you take a look at this
Im afraid computer stuff is not my forte. I have. Vista works good but support is wearing thin
I haven't used the tune ecu on it in a while. I have a 10 inch lap top/net book with XP that i use regularly. The newest tune ecu ot has is probably 2.5.8. I do npt hook it yo the internet anymore its just my bikes maintenace computer.

I'm just running XP on a laptop my son wasn't using. I put a new hard drive in it an install XP with a few needed updates. It's strictly used for Tunecu with a Lonetec cable. It worked fine last time I use it.

I also bought the Dealer Servive Tool program and installed it on the laptop when it was noted that it was needed for major service to the ABS. It has a lot of functionality as well. Until I have issues, I'll stick with the old XP version unless the new version of Tunecu refuses to run on it.

Win10 is free, just use that via the MS install instructions.

They let you download and install a full working and updating version from a downloadable image they host.

If you don’t register and pay you get a “please activate” water mark in the bottom right corner but otherwise it’s fully functional.

Vista was garbage when it was released and still is, demonstrated by its adoption rate, which was the lowest in MS history.

Win10 is free, just use that via the MS install instructions.

They let you download and install a full working and updating version from a downloadable image they host.

If you don’t register and pay you get a “please activate” water mark in the bottom right corner but otherwise it’s fully functional.

Vista was garbage when it was released and still is, demonstrated by its adoption rate, which was the lowest in MS history.

Cool- I'll definitely check that out. Thanks!

Back