CONNECTION ISSUE

Still waiting for the TPS. They sent me a rear fender lens instead. :banghead:
Whatttttt!!!!????
shaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif
halfwits

Whatttttt!!!!????
shaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif
halfwits

HansO ill get back with you when I get the TPS. I am not sure if that is the whole problem. I might have to take it in to have my mechanic look at it. Can the TPS in the front being out of whack cause erratic throttle? The idle is fine, it's the throttle that is bad once the bike gets hot.

Like you recommended I greased the "square" crank position sensor connector.

Should get the TPS tomorrow by noon. It's been a month without a ride. I have the jitters. Let's hope Scott was right when he diagnosed it as a TPS going bad. Is there a target number to synchronize the throttle bodies to? Do you adjust the center one first or just fiddle with them until you get them to be the same?

Should get the TPS tomorrow by noon. It's been a month without a ride. I have the jitters. Let's hope Scott was right when he diagnosed it as a TPS going bad. Is there a target number to synchronize the throttle bodies to? Do you adjust the center one first or just fiddle with them until you get them to be the same?
When I did mine two weekends ago I adjusted #2 to match #1 first. But when I adjusted #3 #2 changed a bit so I went back and forth between the two until I got them all the same.

You mean, adjust the middle screw first? What should be the ideal value; 110 for the three?
I went here: Index of /r3docs and downloaded the throttle body instructions. I know I got that from someone's signature here but unfortunately I don't remember who.

As for the number, I believe that I've read that everyone's number will be different based on many factors. I'm not a mechanic but 110 seems off, mine was 630.

It can be a slow process. :):):):):):) I let mine get warmed up completely and then after each adjustment gave it a little gas and waited until it settled in. After getting everything equal I shut it off and waited a bit. started it back up and checked again.;););););)

Back