Chrome Oil Bag

One on Flea-Bay (Ebay) for some less. Check it out if you get a positive response from others.

See ya.

Has anyone installed the Triumph chrome oil tank? If so how is the quality and the look. At $355.00 is it worth it?

Britman,

A Doctor owned my bike before me and added a chrome oil tank. Not a common addition so it's one I like. Besides it looks great. I don't care for the chrome side covers as they take away from the aesthetics created by the painted gas tank, side cover and Corbin beetles,...IMHO

The chrome seems to be holding up real well.

Here's a link to my photo gallery and a full size picture:

Link Removed

Looks Good

Hondax, Thanks, I like the look. With the chrome of the Bear Claw, it fits right in. Looks like I have found me a birthday present. I agree on on the chrome side covers, distracts from the paint scheme.

Hondax, Thanks, I like the look. With the chrome of the Bear Claw, it fits right in. Looks like I have found me a birthday present. I agree on on the chrome side covers, distracts from the paint scheme.

The owner of El Dorado Cycle, where i purchased my Rocket, said, "the oil tank is a booger to replace". This according to his mechanic. I don't recall the particulars of just why it was a booger.

There are long bolts that go down through the top of the oil tank. You have to remove the throttle bodies to get these bolts to clear for removal. Which means that at the very least you have to pull the airbox from the throttle bodies.

I haven't done this but here's what I would try.... Loosen the boots between the air box and throttle bodies. Unbolt the throttle bodies from the head but don't take off all the extra stuff like throttle cables and wires for sensors ect.

Loosen those long bolts holding the oil tank and see if you can move the throttle bodies just enough to get the bolts unthreaded from the block. Leave the bolts in the oil tank and pull the oil tank out (making a big oily mess, I'm sure).

Place those bolts and new seals in your new chrome tank and sneak the chrome oil tank assembly back in place. Start the long bolts by hand, making sure you get them all started in their threads before you tighten them. I would put a little oil in the tank now to make sure the seals are doing their job. It would be easier to fix them now as opposed to having to do it when the whole mess is back together.

Back