Can not believe the new 2008 Turing Rocket

Freightbusters

Supercharged
Who in the world gave input to Triumph and they believed it.....that a single headlight, two pipes and lower horsepower is what the Americans want? A new Harley bike now goes with two headlights?? What has Triumph done?? Have you been asked for input a Triumph member????:)

We already own them, they know we are hooked. They are trying to get the HD crowd, which is sold on one headlight, lower performance and more bling.

The 2008 touring bike rocket

Is this 2008 Touring an :)additional model?? or is there no more Rocket with three exhuasts and duel headlights and 140hp stook?and wide 240 wide tire

Is this 2008 Touring an :)additional model?? or is there no more Rocket with three exhuasts and duel headlights and 140hp stook?and wide 240 wide tire

It's an additional model as far as I know and I, personally have filled out a questionaire from Triumph marketing in England (not Newman Georgia) pertaining to new, yet to be introduced models and features I'd like to see incorporated into existing models................:D

Have you heard of the Jet IV? 200 hp and 165 lbs of torque. Beat that!

I'm a 59 year old American. I have been riding for 28 years with over 300,000 miles on the seats of motorcycles. My last 4 motorcycles, BMWs have seen 225,000 miles. I traded my 2005 R1200RT with 54,000 miles on it for a new 2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring motorcycle. It's NOT the most powerful bike, doesn't have the biggest gastank or mileage, doesn't have the best handling in twisties & is not the most technologically advance machine out there. What it is, I want. It's a comfortable, well designed bike that's unique. I've never seen one on the road. It fits my body type. I have no intention of riding fast, burning expensive rubber at traffic lights or doing wheelies. I'm going to tour the Pacific Northwest in comfort and style. Oh, and I'm going t do my grocery shopping on it. :)

Last edited:
Well said, bobmielke:). But, if I may, I'd submit that Triumph went a bit overboard when detuning the Touring compared to the original issue. That, at least, seems to be the belated realization of some (certainly NOT all) of the few Touring riders known to me.

Best. Jamie

Well said, bobmielke:). But, if I may, I'd submit that Triumph went a bit overboard when detuning the Touring compared to the original issue. That, at least, seems to be the belated realization of some (certainly NOT all) of the few Touring riders known to me.

Best. Jamie
Doesn't bother me much. But then, I came from a Suzuki VL1500 @ about 60 HP. So, I'm pretty happy! Although, 280 hp does sound kind of fun!!!!:)

The lost power is still there. Just a matter of how much you want to spend to retrieve it.

Hey Jamie,
Sounds like these Touring riders who believe that Triumph went overboard with detuning never heard of Tuneboy..... For a modest outlay of a few hundred $, you can get back much of the power detuned from the Classic. I'm a pretty big bloke at 300lbs and I have no issue with the stock Touring power (although I have now added TORs and Tuneboy)

Or they could even buy a Classic and add saddlebags, sissy bar and a screen to set it up as a tourer, if you want the twin headlights and original power. There are several here who believe that's a better option for them than the Touring.
Personally, I think Triumph has covered its bases bloody well with the Rocket range it now has available.

Pete

Have you heard of the Jet IV? 200 hp and 165 lbs of torque. Beat that!

I'm a 59 year old American. I have been riding for 28 years with over 300,000 miles on the seats of motorcycles. My last 4 motorcycles, BMWs have seen 225,000 miles. I traded my 2005 R1200RT with 54,000 miles on it for a new 2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring motorcycle. It's NOT the most powerful bike, doesn't have the biggest gastank or mileage, doesn't have the best handling in twisties & is not the most technologically advance machine out there. What it is, I want. It's a comfortable, well designed bike that's unique. I've never seen one on the road. It fits my body type. I have no intention of riding fast, burning expensive rubber at traffic lights or doing wheelies. I'm going to tour the Pacific Northwest in comfort and style. Oh, and I'm going t do my grocery shopping on it. :)

That-a-boy Bob well said!

I'm 47 and still love the thrill of riding, my last 3 bikes wer GIXXER'S (Suzuki GSXR) 2 - 11OOcc and 1 - 750cc trust me i did all of the above and more and I have the road rash, police record and hosptal bills to prove it. Now I just want to cruise cruise cruise I have not pulled the trigger on the R3T yet Im still trying to get the budget passed through congress (the wife) but man I can't wait, I personaly think the r3t is perfect for the job.

The raod is calling me:bch:

Back