Can not believe the new 2008 Turing Rocket

Who in the world gave input to Triumph and they believed it.....that a single headlight, two pipes and lower horsepower is what the Americans want? A new Harley bike now goes with two headlights?? What has Triumph done?? Have you been asked for input a Triumph member????:)

I have an '82 harley with two headlights. Uglyist bike I have ever owned. Before I bought my R3T I wondered about the lower HP but when you think about it who needs it? I am not going to be doing over 85 or 90 on this thing most of the time and I would much rather be able to get their quickly. I like the torque. If I want to go really ffast I will take out my 1200 Trophy.

Who in the world gave input to Triumph and they believed it.....that a single headlight, two pipes and lower horsepower is what the Americans want? A new Harley bike now goes with two headlights?? What has Triumph done?? Have you been asked for input a Triumph member????:)

I imagine there's a spy amongst us! You don't imagine "they" don't access website?

It's an additional model as far as I know and I, personally have filled out a questionaire from Triumph marketing in England (not Newman Georgia) pertaining to new, yet to be introduced models and features I'd like to see incorporated into existing models................:D

I'm in high favor of the longer front and rear skirts. They didn't need to change much else.

new 2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring motorcycle. It's NOT the most powerful bike, doesn't have the biggest gastank or mileage, doesn't have the best handling in twisties & is not the most technologically advance machine out there. What it is, I want. It's a comfortable, well designed bike that's unique. I've never seen one on the road. It fits my body type. I have no intention of riding fast, burning expensive rubber at traffic lights or doing wheelies. I'm going to tour the Pacific Northwest in comfort and style. Oh, and I'm going t do my grocery shopping on it. :)
And I do whole heartedly wish you will have all the riding pleasures without the hassles. The beast is a FBG with guts, real guts...greatest of luck and may God be with you.

I say again, I don't think more power is necessary on the r3t or any cruiser/tourer for that matter. If you truly need more power/speed why in the world would you buy a bike with bags that weighs dam near 800lb in the first place:confused: The ZX14 or the Busa come to mind if that's your cup of beer.

The Cruiser/Tourer is all about the Journey not the destination:cool:

I'd like a little more oomph, not because I need but because I WANT it! I really like dusting the Road King's and such on the on-ramps (up to the legal posted limit, of course)! :rolleyes:

I still can't make up my mind between the TOR's or the D & D's. I'm waiting for somebody to post some sound clips on youtube or somewhere!

I can't understand not wanting more power out of any motorized vehicle. I've modded every bike I've ever owned.

I put Power Commanders on my BMW K1200RS and R1200GS along with intake and exhaust mods. I put a supercharger on my Mustang and long tube headers on my pickup truck. Hell, I'd modify my lawnmower if the **** thing wasn't electric.

My R3T is over 130 HP at the rear wheels and I'm starting to wonder if that's enough....

Don.t get me wrong I tore up a lot of tarmac in my day on my Gixxers and I still love the quick acceloration and precise handling of a 500lb speed demon few thing get the juices going like a sport bike.

I just think the Cruiser is a completly different animal with a totaly different style and porpus and trying to make one behave like the other just would'nt accur to me.

That's why in a perfect world i would have both in my stabel;)

You buy/ride what suits your style. Frankly, I don't understand why anyone buys hybrids, like sport touring bikes. They don't do either purpose worth a ****. But whatever, buy what you floats your boat.

Me, I had 3 bikes in my garage for awhile, all had their purpose. I had a Kawasaki ZX-6R for when I felt the need to do some sport riding, an HD Street Bob for everyday riding and a '89 HD Softail Springer that was lowered and had custom paint and ape hangers, etc... for profiling/bar hopping. Prior to those, I had a HD Heritage Softail Classic. That was my favorite bike. The R3T looks more like a Road King, but it rides more like my old Heritage. The Heritage, like all softails, was counterbalanced so you don't the fillings vibrated out of your head. It was really smooth. The R3T is almost an identical ride, although the tranny is a little more sloppy, IMO. Bottom line, I like having a smooth riding bike with saddle bags.

I doubt, unless I hit the lottery and can afford to buy a hanger, I'll ever own multiple bikes again. It's just too much hassle maintaining all of them. And, as much as I like having a "profiling" bike, I doubt I'll buy anymore of them. I use my saddlebags all the time whether I'm just riding 20 miles down the road to my favorite watering hole or headed out on a 500 mile trip.

So yes, I guess you could say Triumph's marketing worked on me. I like the Road King looks of the R3T and the smooth ride of my old Heritage. As a bonus, I have a bike that not every other mope under the sun is riding so when I pull up somewhere I usually have folks checking it out. That's kind of cool unless I'm busy.

AND, A Touring and Tourer are two different models.

Actually, being really pedantic, and showing my lack of a life, there's no such model as a Tourer.

There's a Rocket III, a Rocket III Classic and a Rocket III Touring. Someone can choose to add bags, sissybar and screen to the III or the III Classic, to make them more suitable for touring, but..............

Pete

Back