Can not believe the new 2008 Turing Rocket

All good points. I am so close to pulling the trigger that I got guys at work hassling me about being scared to purchase. I told them I have a few mouths to feed at home and would feel guilty taking food away from them.:( Then I remembered that I still have a job and the little brats have more than I ever had and its about time I treated myself to the only thing I care to own!!!!:D So the decision is made. Congress ( the wife has the key to my gonad box!!:eek:) is out of session for the holidays and Im trying to beat the end of the year to take advantage of the 3.9% no money down promo.
with that said my first mod will be pipes of some sort and tuneboy. I like the fact I can do all this myself and dont have to go to the dealer. Id rather work on my rod myself.

I still get a kick out of the pic bob!!! Ill need to get one of myself sitting on a beauty like that.

All good points. I am so close to pulling the trigger that I got guys at work hassling me about being scared to purchase. I told them I have a few mouths to feed at home and would feel guilty taking food away from them.:( Then I remembered that I still have a job and the little brats have more than I ever had and its about time I treated myself to the only thing I care to own!!!!:D So the decision is made. Congress ( the wife has the key to my gonad box!!:eek:) is out of session for the holidays and Im trying to beat the end of the year to take advantage of the 3.9% no money down promo.
with that said my first mod will be pipes of some sort and tuneboy. I like the fact I can do all this myself and dont have to go to the dealer. Id rather work on my rod myself.

I still get a kick out of the pic bob!!! Ill need to get one of myself sitting on a beauty like that.

( the wife has the key to my gonad box!!:eek:)

LMAO yup they have half the money and ALL the u no what and brother dont they no it!

I like the styling of the R3T. I also like the fact I can (and do) pack 15 lbs of Paul Stanley signature manties and footsie PJs in each saddle bag and an additional 15 lbs of Paul Stanley signature purple socks on the sissybar rack.

That's 45 lbs of Paul Stanley signature gear. Including me, that's 195 lbs of fine looking stuff being hauled around by a fine looking bike!

Unfortunately my bike is still sitting in that showroom. Portland, OR has been hammered by snow/ice/snow for over a week with more on the way tomorrow. I finally chained up my car yesterday which is now the law in my area. I wonder if they carry chains for the Rocket? :)

As for the power thing, I believe Triumph needed the bike to be 99 rwhp for European considerations. This has been mentioned in several publications. Triumph offers a "off-road" kit that restores about 20 hp. That's for starters-and it wakes the bike up a bit. When a manuf. makes products for world consumption there are a whole host of considerations. A bit of a tweek and thew R3T goes quite well for those who need a bump.

Wow.. I can't even imagine having a new bike just sitting at the dealership and I can't ride it home because of weather!.. lol AAGGHH!

Unfortunately my bike is still sitting in that showroom. Portland, OR has been hammered by snow/ice/snow for over a week with more on the way tomorrow. I finally chained up my car yesterday which is now the law in my area. I wonder if they carry chains for the Rocket? :)

Who told Triumph, rough guess maybe it was the studies that were done or the majority of cruisers sold in the states have the dials on the gas tank. guys who are above our pay scale are paid money to do these studies. What do you want Triumph to do keep the Rocket as is, all I can say to that is remember the sixties and seventies if you do not change you are ***ced. :)

Absolutely right

Have you heard of the Jet IV? 200 hp and 165 lbs of torque. Beat that!

I'm a 59 year old American. I have been riding for 28 years with over 300,000 miles on the seats of motorcycles. My last 4 motorcycles, BMWs have seen 225,000 miles. I traded my 2005 R1200RT with 54,000 miles on it for a new 2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring motorcycle. It's NOT the most powerful bike, doesn't have the biggest gastank or mileage, doesn't have the best handling in twisties & is not the most technologically advance machine out there. What it is, I want. It's a comfortable, well designed bike that's unique. I've never seen one on the road. It fits my body type. I have no intention of riding fast, burning expensive rubber at traffic lights or doing wheelies. I'm going to tour the Pacific Northwest in comfort and style. Oh, and I'm going t do my grocery shopping on it. :)

I agree completely. I'm 51 and have 34 on bikes. I've always had sport bikes, and have a BMW K1200S for speed and power, a Benelli Cafe Racer for the twisties, and an MV ready for sale, so I can buy this Triumph beauty. I've always liked the styling of the Road King Classic, but it is soooo underpowered. The Touring will give me the cruise I want, with power (torque) to spare. Will I buy a few extra horsepower? Probably, but that has to do with addiction not necessity :)
Now I'll make you jealous - here in SoCal it was a cool 60 today, but dry dry dry....
Hope you dry out soon.

I agree completely. I'm 51 and have 34 on bikes. I've always had sport bikes, and have a BMW K1200S for speed and power, a Benelli Cafe Racer for the twisties, and an MV ready for sale, so I can buy this Triumph beauty. I've always liked the styling of the Road King Classic, but it is soooo underpowered. The Touring will give me the cruise I want, with power (torque) to spare. Will I buy a few extra horsepower? Probably, but that has to do with addiction not necessity :)
Now I'll make you jealous - here in SoCal it was a cool 60 today, but dry dry dry....
Hope you dry out soon.

I'm carefully watching the forecast and there's a warm up coming this weekend after Christmas. I might have a chance to pick up the bike next Wednesday. I'll call the dealer & set up that date.

Back