Braided Stainless Clutch & throttle cables

Damd8279

.040 Over
I just received some new cables that I bought from Barnett Clutches in the US and was that pleased with them that I thought you should all know. I bought mine at an extra 6" in length to suit my new bars but they carry them in the standard lengths unless you ask for something different. They are all Braided Stainless Steel with clear overwrap with high quality chrome and/or stainless fittings at each end identical to the Triumph ones - these are ****-hot products and a must for everyone !!:D

Prices are:
Clutch Cable ( high efficiency ) - US$61.00
Throttle cables (pair) - US$103.00

Joe Snell - phone 805 642-9435 or email joe@barnettclutches.com its best if you deal directly with Joe as he knows exactly what deal is.

Website is http://www.barnettclutches.com/ although there is nothing specific to the R3 yet.

Last edited:
Yeah... just don't be comin' on here without no stinkin' pics :D

Clear... that sounds interesting!

OK slight hitch - Clutch OK but not the Throttle cables.....have contacted Barnett and will comment further based on their reply.....dont want to muddy them without giving them the opportunity to fix it first......sometimes **** happens !

Braided Cables

Will get some tomorrow and edit the post................

OK - so its been a while - had an unexpected holiday from the real world....have finally got those pics I promised back in December............these cables are really worth the money particularly if you need extended cables anyway........will load them to my album.

Damd8279:

Are they Speigler or what is the brand. Actually, braided brake lines allow a firmer feel to your brake lever or pedal because they don't expand as you apply pressure within the hose itself. The hose is still of a rubber compound, it's just a covering on the outside. That covering limits any expansion of the rubber hose sort of like "chinese handcuffs".:D

Back