Changing handlebars (and cables?)

Kim Turner

.040 Over
Ride
2007 triumph Rocket III Classic
Have a 2007 Classic with stock handlebars and the slightly higher triumph risers. Anybody out that has tried a harley pull-back type of bar, or any other type of bars they would recommend? Not really looking for ape-hangars or T-bars. Thank you

The bar changes require some adaption. I cannot help re pullbacks as have run 14 and 16" apes and the16s were super comfortableand got rid of the shoulder ache i got on one shoulder. Both had Rivco risers too but I'mtall so one size or style doesn't fit all
20201130_215136.jpg

The bar changes require some adaption. I cannot help re pullbacks as have run 14 and 16" apes and the16s were super comfortableand got rid of the shoulder ache i got on one shoulder. Both had Rivco risers too but I'mtall so one size or style doesn't fit all
20201130_215136.jpg
What year is your rocket?
What digital gauge is that?

With the introduction of ABS in 2010MY a new system was introduced requiring a matched series ECU .
If you disconnected ABS AND replaced your ECU with a used early series pre July 2009 and earlier ECU .
You MAY then be able to use a Dakota or Koso etc.

With the introduction of ABS in 2010MY a new system was introduced requiring a matched series ECU .
If you disconnected ABS AND replaced your ECU with a used early series pre July 2009 and earlier ECU .
You MAY then be able to use a Dakota or Koso etc.
Brotha from Down Unda, do you think would work? I need pros and cons so I can weigh it out. I prefer to use the Kosi over analog

From reading threads over the years I assume it can but @barbagris , @warp9.9 or @R-III-R Turbo or @DEcosse could confirm.
You would be giving up ABS though.

I'm afraid I've never fitted an aftermarket gauge to a Rocket, but yes from what i read the old Rockets are much easier to hook up to them. The 2010+ Roadsters have multiple things in them that makes it considerably more difficult.

Back