Easy Clutch Pull

I suppose it is in the natural response of some folks to see the negative -- as that can be helpful to sort out problems.

As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with my hands.

When I have to navigate traffic - and we reportedly have some of the worst around here - I can spend long periods working the clutch, and at some point fatigue sets in.

So if nothing is wrong with your hands, and you find the clutch pull easy when you need it to be -- which I suspect is the case for most of us, thank goodness -- more power to you.

I really would appreciate for my case, and there may be others, a yet easier pull on the clutch.

It is enough of a problem for me, my commuter bike is a Honda CTX700D with a true, dual clutch automatic transmission, and that replaced an Aprilia Scarabeo 500 single cylinder scooter with a CVT.
I havnt heard that from anyone else but if its a problem for you yes it would be a good modification I have a friend that has a damaged throttle hand and we added a helper spring on his BMW throttle

FWIW, the "Easy Pull Levers" from The Sic Shop in California wrote back to me that their levers only work on 7/8" bars.

Of course Joesmoe - Sorry, I should have thought about that regards the R3 - not only that but of course the clutch perch is integrated with the Switch assembly on the Rocket

So there are the other solutions - the Moose Racing one is a bolt-on - it's going to give you about 6" more cable overall however, so not sure if that will still 'fit' with the added length.
The other options would be one of the three DIY mods illustrated (actuator arm extension, the 'pulley' system, or the lever mod)

I have used the moose racing system on moto x bikes . NOT ideal !
Lever play is important on the rocket and this system makes adjustment vague to say the least by adding even more moving parts . And as already mentioned , an overlong cable .

I can't say I have a 'problem' per se with the clutch lever force, but that is not to say that 1-2 finger pull would not be attractive
NO need for a softer clutch unless your handicapped as the Rocket has the nicest clutch pull of all the bkes I own so best out of 50+ bikes cant complain about that and the Roadster adj levers are the best Ive seen and I have them on my 09 Classic

Last edited:
C'mon guys - I never said that the R3 had a problem in this regard - I don't even own a Rocket
I just thought there was some good innovation there and that SOME of you might find it interesting.
Or even helpful for those with injury, arthritis etc .....

^^^^

C'mon guys - I never said that the R3 had a problem in this regard - I don't even own a Rocket
I just thought there was some good innovation there and that SOME of you might find it interesting.
Or even helpful for those with injury, arthritis etc .....
I think it's a great post. I dont have an issue with the Rocket but the Springer is like pulling a 40 lb striper with a hand line. I actually have the Fly Racing easy pull on my CRF450R it works great. Thanks for sharing DEcosse.

Back