Easy Clutch Pull

Interesting.

Though I can't say I'm bothered by my clutch at all. Got the low friction clutch cable from Barnett when I needed it extended due to risers and the action is smooth as butter, and the pull isn't objectionable so I don't see why people would go to such lengths, I guess.
I agree unless your handicapped

What we need is a way to twist the throttle a bit easier without using (cruise control)that said with 36,000 mi. On mine it does seem easier than it used to .or perhaps it was changing the handlebars.

What we need is a way to twist the throttle a bit easier without using (cruise control)that said with 36,000 mi. On mine it does seem easier than it used to .or perhaps it was changing the handlebars.

$10 worth of throttle rocker or equivalent will do that. You don't have to grip the throttle at all with those, it is wedged under your palm and you don't have to use grip strength to keep the throttle open. Does require some getting used to though, as you now have to move your hand away from the throttle and not just let go in order to kill the power.

I love the clutch lever mod -- wow it would have made all the difference for my DL650. The McCruise cruise control on the Rocket is the cat's meow, and for my commuter bike (Honda CTX 700D) with those small grips my throttle hand gets tired for anything more than about 20 miles, and as I read this thread, I'm looking at my ThrottleMeister I ordered for that back and have yet to install . . . just might get around to it in the next few weeks.

Thanks guys ! :D

FWIW, the "Easy Pull Levers" from The Sic Shop in California wrote back to me that their levers only work on 7/8" bars.

So back to the drawing board.

You can put a helper spring on the throttle bodies to make it easier

FWIW, the "Easy Pull Levers" from The Sic Shop in California wrote back to me that their levers only work on 7/8" bars.

So back to the drawing board.
Stock Rocket clutch is an easy pull unless you have some problem with your hand

I suppose it is in the natural response of some folks to see the negative -- as that can be helpful to sort out problems.

As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with my hands.

When I have to navigate traffic - and we reportedly have some of the worst around here - I can spend long periods working the clutch, and at some point fatigue sets in.

So if nothing is wrong with your hands, and you find the clutch pull easy when you need it to be -- which I suspect is the case for most of us, thank goodness -- more power to you.

I really would appreciate for my case, and there may be others, a yet easier pull on the clutch.

It is enough of a problem for me, my commuter bike is a Honda CTX700D with a true, dual clutch automatic transmission, and that replaced an Aprilia Scarabeo 500 single cylinder scooter with a CVT.

Back