Dog Passenger Trailer to Pull Behind My R3 Classic

She was camera shy today but here you go :D

Attachments

• Ginger 19 weeks.jpg
    Ginger 19 weeks.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I traded in my first Bushtec trailer for the Bushtec Tow Tow for my Ginger. She is only 19 weeks now so I will most likely wait till next year before she does any trips with me. I would like to look into some type of cooling system for the Tow Tow. It has a windscreen and Bimini top but I will be getting some Doggles for her.

Here's my cooling system design description:

A 360 GPH marine bilge pump sealed in a 3" schedule 40 PVC pipe section with 3/4" vinyl hose fittings drilled an tapped into it for in and out hose connections. It will pump automotive antifreeze through the hose to a 3/4 x 1/2 inch hose adapter, then into a small automotive heater core with a 120mm cpu case fan that will be circulate the air inside the trailer through the heater core. The pump and the fan will automatically switch on at 80 degrees F via two thermostat switches (on at 80 F, off at 65F). From the heater core coolant outlet, the antifreeze will travel through a 1/2" x 10' long piece of copper tubing coiled inside a fiberglass shelled Styrofoam box full of ice built into the right side of the trailer interior with watertight lid with a hose connecting it to an identical ice box and copper coil on the left side. From the egress on ice box on the left side it will connect via hose to the inlet port fitting on a clear acrylic canister with a water tight lid that will serve as a small coolant reservoir, air bleeder, and visual indicator of the zero air, sealed fluid circuit integrity and from that to the bilge pump unit inlet fitting.

I'll draw up a diagram and post it here in a bit. Everything in the coolant circulation system (hoses, reservoirs, etc.) will be isolated with polyurethane or Styrofoam encased in several layers of fiberglass shell to ensure my dog cannot come in contact with the antifreeze.

Do you have stock pipes? I can imagine the hearing damage that could be caused from endless hours sitting just a few feet behind a loud aftermarket exhaust.

BTW. Great idea, and execution on the trailer. also a very handsome dog you have there.

Do you have stock pipes? I can imagine the hearing damage that could be caused from endless hours sitting just a few feet behind a loud aftermarket exhaust.

BTW. Great idea, and execution on the trailer. also a very handsome dog you have there.

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, I have the stock pipes, plus the whole shell of the trailer will have a 1/2" foam lining covered with a layer of fiberglass which will serve a couple of purposes:
  1. Interior temperature stability (so I don't have to stop every hour to replenish ice)
  2. Structural rigidity - the half inch ABS, Styrofoam, fiberglass sandwich will make the shell incredibly strong without adding exorbitant wieght
  3. Sound and fume proofing from road noise and the exhaust
I'm spending a fortune on West Marine resin and fiberglass cloth. I'll probably have $1000.00 invested in this thing soup to nuts by the time I'm done...not counting a hundred or so hours of labor. But I want it to be a show stopper, visually and operationally.

Back