Braided Stainless Clutch & throttle cables

I mis-read it...

I'm sorry. I mis-read your post. Braided stainless for clutch and throttle cable conduit serves no purpose other than aesthetics. The braided outer cover most likely has either a HDPE liner or a Teflon liner, both which are available in regular wound steel jacket plastic coated cable conduit. No doubt it looks nicer than the stock items.

SS braided brake lines serve a more utilitarian purpose. Under extreme hydraulic pressure they don't expand like normal wire jacketed brake lines and impart a more "solid" feel to the pedal or lever.

I just received some new cables that I bought from Barnett Clutches in the US and was that pleased with them that I thought you should all know. I bought mine at an extra 6" in length to suit my new bars but they carry them in the standard lengths unless you ask for something different. They are all Braided Stainless Steel with clear overwrap with high quality chrome and/or stainless fittings at each end identical to the Triumph ones - these are ****-hot products and a must for everyone !!:D

Prices are:
Clutch Cable ( high efficiency ) - US$61.00
Throttle cables (pair) - US$103.00

Joe Snell - phone 805 642-9435 or email joe@barnettclutches.com its best if you deal directly with Joe as he knows exactly what deal is.

Website is http://www.barnettclutches.com/ although there is nothing specific to the R3 yet.

I've seen the PICs and they shirley look gud!!!

Glad U cud du it.

Last edited:
Back