Stainless Header MSG Motrorrad

Agree the Carp exhaust may not be the best looking exhaust around most effective yes but best looking no, but this exhaust my god the best part of it ran down its mothers leg.

Personally, I think that the earlier Carpenter pipe styling wise, is thee best looking pipe made for a Rocket, no matter which angle you look at it, it just looks meaty and mean.
Again personally, I would black out that alloy plate on the head, just to make it disappear and leave the pipes standing out, but then again that is all part of that meaty look.

1C.jpg

You may ask why I didn't build my systems in this style, well I wasn't just going to copy some one else's work, I wanted to be original with my styling.

The later Carpenter pipe, the sidewinder, doesn't appeal to me styling wise, but as G.O.C. said "Each to his own, all opinions are valid to the person who holds them"
And as we all know, Bob builds for performance first, what it looks like is secondary.

Personally, I think that the earlier Carpenter pipe styling wise, is thee best looking pipe made for a Rocket, no matter which angle you look at it, it just looks meaty and mean.
Again personally, I would black out that alloy plate on the head, just to make it disappear and leave the pipes standing out, but then again that is all part of that meaty look.

1C.jpg

You may ask why I didn't build my systems in this style, well I wasn't just going to copy some one else's work, I wanted to be original with my styling.

The later Carpenter pipe, the sidewinder, doesn't appeal to me styling wise, but as G.O.C. said "Each to his own, all opinions are valid to the person who holds them"
And as we all know, Bob builds for performance first, what it looks like is secondary.
I believe they even altered the original style to help with the roadster rear brake relocation. Basicall I think he moved the mer colector up and more horizontal the a pipe curving down past the rear master cylinder. Other then that its basically the same. Much better with custom heat shields.

I posted this because I was thinking at least someone else is making headers for a R3 as we are not exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to exhausts
On closer inspection its clearly not of the quality of other systems that are available and is not cheap either
I don't think its that too bad looking in terms of styling and it gives the choice of what mufflers you want to run .I assume it would run very hot
I think the Carpenter sidewinder and Pauls B's Viking look great but I don't like a single muffler / 3 into 1 on a R3 ...yes I know its best for performance
I think it needs exhaust both sides .performance vehicles almost always have more than one exhaust ..its like a display of power

0E3F4EE8-6E01-49FA-80A9-ECB0212960A5.jpeg
97D5B451-5E07-4FA1-9916-8E077BC1B9F6.jpeg
F5CB345B-1AF8-4715-B2AB-C781899E5C98.jpeg
363600F8-1F94-4308-A49B-D7726199653A.jpeg
7293DA74-A30C-4507-AAE3-846EC370D3F1.jpeg
9FB1D026-8074-463E-B7B6-3C50F6A606D4.jpeg
NASTY LOOKING MESS
I posted this because I was thinking at least someone else is making headers for a R3 as we are not exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to exhausts
On closer inspection its clearly not of the quality of other systems that are available and is not cheap either
I don't think its that too bad looking in terms of styling and it gives the choice of what mufflers you want to run .I assume it would run very hot
I think the Carpenter sidewinder and Pauls B's Viking look great but I don't like a single muffler / 3 into 1 on a R3 ...yes I know its best for performance
I think it needs exhaust both sides .performance vehicles almost always have more than one exhaust ..its like a display of power

I’ve had quite a few systems / silencers / Tors / Preds / Zard inbox / Zard Penta / DP shorties and a couple of others and now running with a Reband system

Paul does a 3 into 2 and just a header so you could add what ever can you like. What id like to see is a triple megaphone set up like the original pipes but larger header :)

1C.jpg

The 3 to 1 systems work the best and I like the looks of the race systems no need for extra plumbing that adds weight and kills the power output

I suppose it all depends on what you are trying to achieve but the aesthetics of a system are purely personal. The weight of a system can easily be counteracted by the size/weight of the occupant, something that apparently is not so prevalent here in the UK.

I like three into one, four into one or two into one exhausts mainly cause its easier for cleaning and getting at other bits of the bikes in most instances.

The critical thing for me with the Rocket is that the pipes running down the side of the bike are nicely tucked away so you don't accidentally touch them or burn your trousers.

Back