What have you done when performance headers too hot?

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
I just had a thought as I intend to return to the tropics in the next few years and my Rockets will have LMS or CES headers which aren't too bad most of the time but I have been stuck in Brisbane - Goldcoast walking speed multilane h'way traffic snarls in summer for hours and it was not a pleasant experience so I'm up for improvements,

The most uncomfortable times are when going slowly like that or stuck at traffic lights etc.
I just had a thought of using the spare under seat space to put in a 12 V high speed fan with ducting to direct air forward from behind engine to over header blowing away radiant hot air from header and minor heat from front radiator fan. This would likely be switchable on/off but even if fixed to run with the front radiator cooling fan thermostat it would cover the same warm engine temps without affecting performance in any way.
To work well a high volume fan as used for a garden blower would seem ideal.
Cobble up the original blower parts and hoses etc with plenty of easy access to air ducting in shapes that would fit by visiting a tip shop or wreckers as there should be many sizes and shapes from old junkers for free, rubber, plastic or metal depending on your taste and availability.
There must be many smaller engined cars with small air inlet setups to check out.
Even an old household vacuum cleaner head or crevice cleaner may do the job.

Any other ideas, comments?

Last edited:
I just had a thought as I intend to return to the tropics in the next few years and my Rockets will have LMS or CES headers which aren't too bad most of the time but I have been stuck in Brisbane - Goldcoast walking speed multilane h'way traffic snarls in summer for hours and it was not a pleasant experience so I'm up for improvements,

The most uncomfortable times are when going slowly like that or stuck at traffic lights etc.
I just had a thought of using the spare under seat space to put in a 12 V high speed fan with ducting to direct air forward from behind engine to over header blowing away radiant hot air from header and minor heat from front radiator fan. This would likely be switchable on/off but even if fixed to run with the front radiator cooling fan thermostat it would cover the same warm engine temps without affecting performance in any way.
Cobble up the original blower parts and hoses etc with plenty of easy access to air ducting in shapes that would fit by visiting a tip shop or wreckers as there should be many sizes and shapes from old junkers for free, rubber, plastic or metal depending on your taste and availability.
There must be many smaller engined cars with small air inlet setups to check out.

That's ingenuity! I can't add anything, but eager to see what you come up with.

Almost all my pants, have holes burnt through on the lower right leg...... Sometimes entertaining when cruising and your leg starts getting warm, you look down, and there are flames from your pants leg !!! "BUT" she runs and sounds sooooo good!
CESracing.jpg

Son of dog has a couple computer fans mounted under the seat of his touring. He's pretty cool.

ISH,
I have two Roadsters, Kong & YurMama.
Kong runs CES and YurMama runs LMS.
The LMS, even though tis a 2 incher versus the 1¾ inch CES, tucks in tighter providing a tad more leg room than the CES.
In stop-go, or a steady less than 25mph traffic, the CES can get uncomfortably hot.
In the same circumstances, the LMS will burn your right leg and right testicle to a cinder!!!
Another oddity is that my CES (stock engine) is louder than the LMS (200 whp engine)???

OK I was down at ALDi discount supermarket and they had a couple of Ferrex cordless 20v blower skins marked down 30% to Au$42 (US$27). So I grabbed one to check out as I have the same Ferrex 20v battery system for a bunch of hand tools and they regularly discount the batteries and chargers too.

I had a quick look and the handle and some of the casing may need to be trimmed to fit but for $40 it was a no brainer to try out.
  • Variable speed control
  • Blower speed: 138km/h
  • Maximum air volume of 590m3/h
  • Soft grip handle and tool-free assembly
  • Combining lightweight design with performance, the Xfinity 20V Cordless Blower Skin will have your yard clean and tidy in no time!

1668560325591.png

OK I was down at ALDi discount supermarket and they had a couple of Ferrex cordless 20v blower skins marked down 30% to Au$42 (US$27). So I grabbed one to check out as I have the same Ferrex 20v battery system for a bunch of hand tools and they regularly discount the batteries and chargers too.

I had a quick look and the handle and some of the casing may need to be trimmed to fit but for $40 it was a no brainer to try out.
  • Variable speed control
  • Blower speed: 138km/h
  • Maximum air volume of 590m3/h
  • Soft grip handle and tool-free assembly
  • Combining lightweight design with performance, the Xfinity 20V Cordless Blower Skin will have your yard clean and tidy in no time!

1668560325591.png
I just can’t see strapping that to my Rocket. Around here I’d be known as guy with the best blow job on a bike.:oops: I’ll just have to keep moving or roast a nut.

I just can’t see strapping that to my Rocket. Around here I’d be known as guy with the best blow job on a bike.:oops: I’ll just have to keep moving or roast a nut.
It will be completely inside the empty airbox if i can get one in....... so unless you advertise you will never outdo @RKTNMYPKT 's
past pillions. ;) :roll::roll::roll:
She blew off the back of my bike 😁

RKTNMYPKT: I feel your pain
I once ordered a mail order Russian bride and all I got was this Vladamir Putin blow up doll....:(

image.jpeg
One of the advantages for us bald blokes........ we won't get caught seen wearing the 'Hairdryer' option that'll obviously tempt you well coiffed fellows and those with demanding pillions. ;):roll::roll::roll::roll:

1668568742177.png

Last edited:
Almost all my pants, have holes burnt through on the lower right leg...... Sometimes entertaining when cruising and your leg starts getting warm, you look down, and there are flames from your pants leg !!! "BUT" she runs and sounds sooooo good!
CESracing.jpg
Yowsers!
I forgot what they must be like with the fwd mount pegs of the 2004-2009 Rockets.
Much better with later Roadsters!

Back