border line depressed

Can (sorta) relate. It was a LONG HOT WET summer, which meant keeping the bikes in the garage. As soon as the cooler weather started rolling around, I rejoiced since it welcomes the Florida riding season... Then I take my car for an oil change and end up needing tires replaced (dry rot, most miles are on the bikes! :D), which is not bad considering it was 2008 the last time I purchased tires for the crate. Then I needed to refill the gas tank at the house, then my mother in law had a stroke and I needed to help the wife pay for her trip...
...but I'm being frugal, taking in a few boring weekends so hopefully I can enjoy the rest of Florida winter taking the R3T for some fun filled miles...

Chin up mate, my buddy at work told his wife two years ago that he was going to put money aside for a big down payment on his Ultra Classic. Back in Spetember he told he had reached $10K and would be buying the bike within the month. After all, he just bought his wife a year old SRT8 Jeep, now it his turn. A week later he looked like someone had just killed his dog. He told me that his wife decided that she would clear up their credit cards and saw this savings account called "Motorcycle Fund". Since she figured he didn't need a bike, she would spend it paying off their credit cards and a few others things that she needed. I asked him if he needed a good lawyer and if the cops would be by to collect him in short order.

A few years ago, when we were focused on other life challenges I kept my oldest Triumph and sold the others. I had a couple good years on it. Below is the picture of two of them, the 1995 Daytona900 was the bike that stuck with me. The third was a newer Daytona955i.

There are several Rocket III motorcycles being continuously re-listed on this site through eBay.

That would have been a hard decision mate. Both those bikes are keepers. :)

Chin up mate, my buddy at work told his wife two years ago that he was going to put money aside for a big down payment on his Ultra Classic. Back in Spetember he told he had reached $10K and would be buying the bike within the month. After all, he just bought his wife a year old SRT8 Jeep, now it his turn. A week later he looked like someone had just killed his dog. He told me that his wife decided that she would clear up their credit cards and saw this savings account called "Motorcycle Fund". Since she figured he didn't need a bike, she would spend it paying off their credit cards and a few others things that she needed. I asked him if he needed a good lawyer and if the cops would be by to collect him in short order.

Now that just sucks!

He ought to just go down to the Triumph dealer and finance his Rocket there.

I did that with mine, and got the loan in about ten minutes with an APR just under three percent.

Rick

Bill
i have been in the automatic trans business since 1966 if you need an over the phone second opinion give me a call @ 520-294-8717 herman

Greetings Busa:). When did we last part with each other? For the first time in exactly 46 years, I am without a motorcycle. Doctor's order. An ominous threat, rather. I eventually surrendered. That was last May, after a 4th round of spine surgery in 9 years :(.

Consolation: I find some (not enough) solace when hitting the same suburban streets and mountain roads on my 2013, 432 HP Camaro :cool:

Cheers ol' mate

Greetings Busa:). When did we last part with each other? For the first time in exactly 46 years, I am without a motorcycle. Doctor's order. An ominous threat, rather. I eventually surrendered. That was last May, after a 4th round of spine surgery in 9 years :(.

Consolation: I find some (not enough) solace when hitting the same suburban streets and mountain roads on my 2013, 432 HP Camaro :cool:

Cheers ol' mate

Find a Rocket and make a trike out of it.

Now that just sucks!

He ought to just go down to the Triumph dealer and finance his Rocket there.

I did that with mine, and got the loan in about ten minutes with an APR just under three percent.

Rick

Actually that's the best way to go. Credit card interest here is around 20%, motor finance can be as low as 1%.

Check out buying with a personal loan (4.5%) ... I did and haven't regretted it Nearly 4 years later, life is always going to throw up financial obstacles but we either ride over or around them we don't let them stop us ..... Smile be Happy and don't let anything from stopping you achieve your Dreams

Reading this thread has caused the need for Prozac, Lorazepam and Lexapro !!!

Back