border line depressed

life been handing me lemons latley and its getting old!!

my plan was to have my rocket by now but......nope.

and last but not least my oldest son called and needs some financial help for college classes he needs to take over the summer:eek:

which means he also needs help with an apartment so he can stay in rapid city over the summer..
trying to keepa positive attitude, as these things are no ones fault and totaly unavoidable..but it gets harder everytime i have to open my wallet..:mad:

i know one thing though..i am starting to hate lemonaid....think im gonna try some whisky sours.:thumbsup:

In Aus you throw them out of the nest...its amazing how quick they learn to fly!!!!

FELLAS!!!

thanks for all the support and replies..i had to go out of town for work again and no wi fi where im at.

some great advice as always as well as some much needed laughs

Im not usually a whinner but this **** really brought the titty baby in me!!

Its in my nature to take care of my family so that wont change and i WILL get my rocket at some point

when the dust all clears, i promise, ill come up swinging!!!:thumbsup:

i tossed my boy out of the nest 3 years ago and spent his whole life teaching him that no one owes him a thing..that he will only eat what he kills..

and he learned well, his pride wont allow him to ask for help unless he is in absolute dire straits...he sold his car stero ,his video game system and his hot rod computer he built and still comes up short..so he got a job too...

he is pulling all the weight he can so i figure it wont kill me to help him some...besides when he finally gets his degree,,mabey he will buy daddy yet another bike..:)

Sounds like you've provided him with proper guidance when he was coming up; and a bit of help from you is well deserved at this point.

I know I've helped both of mine, as well as a friend or two on occasion, and have just been glad that I was in a position to be able to help.

I've found that being able to help good folks out is it's own reward for me; and I've never looked for anything in return.

Rick

Last edited:
thanks for the clarity, I was getting a complex taking care of all my baby's(24)needs at home while she works on her 2nd degree! It sure wasn't that way in my parents house growing up. Interesting how much responsibility(marketing) has been heaped on our generation. My folks didn't consider dental let alone college gimme a break maybe some of you have been rewarded with gratitude for your sacrifices congratulations. round here it's more like "what have you done for me lately". Geez, I wouldn't need a bike if not for all the reasons I don't deserve one. we lost nearly $100,000 saving our home 2007-2011 most of my coworkers lost everything. unions r gone and most live week to week. these 6 figure educations are just more BS since theres few paying jobs anyhow. educations a scam. imagine being 24 again with kids and rent but this time strap each adult with $1000.00 month student loan and a park district job. passthe valium i need a nap

Rant is all good. I think this group as a whole has been through about everything imaginable, and some never before heard of. I think beyond the love of two wheels that is perhaps another bond we share. Just read some of the many posts, and although most of us have never met, there is that thread of hope for a brighter tomorrow that ties us together. There are fellows from across the pond and we all reach out to one another in a time of need. In the past year and within the past few weeks there are brothers and families on this forum who have suffered and continue to suffer greatly. Steve I don't believe any of us feel that it is a rant but instead a reaching out to those who understand and care. All of this being said I will ask that we all keep Roger Cox, and Jack Caughmans families in our thoughts and prayers.

Back