Only in my case using vice grips destroyed the **** thing. I'm going to order some new lines for the back but I'm not finding my manual very helpful for taking the rest of the line apart. It all started because the front brake lines needed replacing and everything went beautifully until that one last connection! Anyways, has anybody replaced and/or have pics of the procedure?

Just a note, I had Spiegler make mine, within a couple years their "stainless steel" line rusted pretty good.

When I did mine, it was so frozen it snapped before it came loose. Replacing that top hard line is... ugh, not a great experience lol.

Over the years I have found "shock" works well for stuck parts. Since the nut end is somewhat soft on this application a slotted 6 point crowsfoot would likely have gotten it off sans buggering it with a vice-grip. With the wrench in place, slap the wrench with a hammer in the direction you need and the "shock" will usually overcome the friction joint. If you are replacing the thing I agree with cut the line and use a 6 point socket. Best of luck on finishing your project.

Back